Moparts

late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes

Posted By: mopars4ever

late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 12/05/21 01:51 PM

Did the mid to late 70`s mopars use a special type windshield washer hose? Is it a thin wall type hose? What size hose is used? Thanks
Posted By: moparx

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 12/05/21 04:17 PM

after some harrowing gymnastics, i arrived at the section i store my "hose collection".
a super long time ago, my brother and i attended a dealer auction, and i purchased a box of hoses nobody else was interested in.
it contained a lot of garbage, but had a new roll of washer hose. there appear to be nothing but two ribs, 180* apart, on the hose.
it measures [as close as i could measure it without pushing it out of shape] .225 OD, x .090 ID, x .058[ish] wall thickness.
i don't know if this was any year specific, but i have used it on a bunch of years and models, up to newish years over these many years, so i don't think it's anything special.
it is way flexible, unlike vacuum hose, or tiny hoses used under the hood on most years.
i don't know if this helps or not, but it may give you a start.
beer

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 12/05/21 04:26 PM

Message sent
Posted By: therocks

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 12/06/21 02:33 PM

IIRC back years ago at the shop I had to get it from the dealer.Lucky the parts guy was a friend and gave me like 20feet free.Used it on lots of Mopars as it was an odd size.I think it was kind of soft also.Been like 2o years since I used any and I dont even know if any I had is left.Rocky

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 12/06/21 03:37 PM

Yeah, it appears to be a thinner more flexible hose. Vacuum hose is just too thick.

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 12/06/21 05:04 PM

a Christmas card sent. XmasPengs............ biggrin
beer
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 12/06/21 11:12 PM

We sell it at the Advance I work at. Nothing special that I'm aware of. Best to snip off a small chunk and take it in and compare.

i want to know where to get the "T"'s and connectors on the cowl.

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 12/07/21 12:59 PM

Thanks for the card, moparx. lol

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 12/07/21 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumguy
We sell it at the Advance I work at. Nothing special that I'm aware of. Best to snip off a small chunk and take it in and compare.

The parts stores I checked around my way didn`t have anything like that. I will try again if I need more as Moparx sent me a Christmas card with some inside for now. Thanks Moparx.
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 12/07/21 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumguy

You may have to become our source for this Bill! cool
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 12/07/21 10:50 PM

I remember there was 3 basic sizes back in the day,7/64-5/32 & 7/32,measure one of your nozzles.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 08/23/23 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by 71GTX471
I remember there was 3 basic sizes back in the day,7/64-5/32 & 7/32,measure one of your nozzles.

I just looked. Mopar Quaity sucks my 50 year old rubber hose is dried and cracked. ( Sarcasm )
Nipple measures .125" so should be 1/8" in factions right? So.would need 7/64 hose right?
Anyone know if they have the 2 sided ribbed stuff sold still? If so where?

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 08/24/23 05:07 PM

when buying rubber hose, it is slightly smaller in id than the nipple size it's for.
so 1/8" rubber hose will have a slightly smaller id than .125.
7/64 hose may, or may not fit, depending on how flexible it is. if it's cheap hose [insert your country of origin choice here] it could possibly split when installing on a 1/8" barb.
how much do you need ?
i may have some in my stash with the two ribs, but i would have to look.
beer
Posted By: therocks

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 08/24/23 08:19 PM

I think when I was working on them at the shop I got hose rightfrom Mopar.Seems it was real flexable and an odd size Some after market would work but not hold good.I used to get like 8 feet from the parts guy most times fre He was a friend
Posted By: rarefish

Re: late 70`s windshield washer hose sizes - 08/29/23 07:22 PM

I bought this roll of 5/32" ID windshield washer / vacuum hose at the dealer some 30 years ago.
Part number: 4439003

Attached picture 105_7523.JPG
Attached picture 105_7524.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums