Moparts

Antenna has gone too far down..

Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Antenna has gone too far down.. - 10/11/21 07:44 PM

Hey all,

Anyone know how to get an antenna back up, that has gone too far down? The "ball" tip of my antenna came off, and the top segment of the telescoping antenna got pushed too far down to use the tip to pull it up..

1965 Satellite. I can't figure out if I can disassemble it.. I think that would destroy it.. Any ideas? Can I get into it from the inside, use a thin rod to push it up..
.. or just buy new repop..

Thanks,
- Art
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Antenna has gone too far down.. - 10/12/21 04:23 PM

Just spitballing here but maybe you could make a long thin hook out of thin music wire, slide it down inside the top segment, hook the bottom and pull it up. maybe, maybe not.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Antenna has gone too far down.. - 10/12/21 04:52 PM

I've used a small tap to lightly thread in and pull it out.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Antenna has gone too far down.. - 10/12/21 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper
I've used a small tap to lightly thread in and pull it out.

up that should work. Heck even a drywall screw might work.

Re: Antenna has gone too far down.. - 10/20/21 03:00 PM

Sorry for the delayed Thank You, I'll try a couple different approaches.. that top segment is about 1/16" in gauge..

But it seems the top segment has stopped against something and I *should* be able to push a teeny tiny tap into it, thanks for that idea..

And yes - if a tap isn't small enough, I could try drilling a tiny hole, and probably grab into it with a tiny sheetmetal screw and pull it up...

I'll report back if I get any results..
- Art
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Antenna has gone too far down.. - 10/20/21 03:56 PM

If it's not to hard you can remove it and then give it a quick EASY snap like a whip to pop the antenna up.

Re: Antenna has gone too far down.. - 10/21/21 01:16 AM

Thanks Stumpy,
It's not at all hard to remove from the fender, and I did try that method after pulling as much antenna cable as I could out of the fender.. I whipped it as hard as I could, but the friction in that top piece is enough to keep it stuck good in the tube.

One more thing though - I wonder if I collapse all the tubes, maybe the the top segment will be pushed up if it "bottoms out" at the bottom fixture. I'll try that tomorrow before I drill.
Cheers,
- Art
Posted By: Shoominati23

Re: Antenna has gone too far down.. - 11/04/21 06:38 AM

Please stay on topic. tsk
© 2024 Moparts Forums