Moparts

TA Trans Kickdown Linkage

Posted By: VCODE

TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/03/21 07:32 PM

Not sure if a TA Challenger has the same 3 piece kickdown linkage as 70 Challengers or is the TA different and has the one piece linkage like the 71 and up Challengers
Bob
Posted By: fastmark

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/04/21 12:54 AM

One piece but it’s not the same as four barrels.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/04/21 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by fastmark
One piece but it’s not the same as four barrels.

So can the 1 piece 1971,72 340 4bbl be used with the 340 six pack?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/04/21 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by VCODE
Not sure if a TA Challenger has the same 3 piece kickdown linkage as 70 Challengers or is the TA different and has the one piece linkage like the 71 and up Challengers
Bob

I can't remember seeing or hearing of any T/A or AAR Cuda automatic cars confused
Maybe they did make them shruggy

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/04/21 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Bob

I can't remember seeing or hearing of any T/A or AAR Cuda automatic cars confused

My friends TA is automatic and the broadcast sheet calls out the trans part #

Thanks to all
Bob

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/04/21 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Bob

They made them. I have had three automatic AARs. They are unique to the 340 six pack. I bought a reproduction kick down years ago but it’s been to long for me to remember where. It’s one piece.
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/04/21 03:19 PM

As stated, the 340 six-pack kick-down linkage for the 727 trans is unique and different vs any other kind. Its a one-piece bar that has its unique shape, as well as the pieces that mount onto the manifold.

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/04/21 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar Mitch
As stated, the 340 six-pack kick-down linkage for the 727 trans is unique and different vs any other kind. Its a one-piece bar that has its unique shape, as well as the pieces that mount onto the manifold.

Mopar Mitch, Any pictures, that maybe helpful to me
Thanks Bob
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/04/21 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar Mitch

So nobody reproduces the kickdown linkage then for these? And of course they made a LOT of automatic AAR's & T/A's! My AAR is an automatic.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/04/21 07:09 PM

I've seen way more auto than stick.

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/05/21 06:38 PM

Did anyone check CLASSIC or YEAR ONE, etc? They have to be available from someone...

I'll try to post a picture of mine... couple days
Posted By: sbcjd

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/05/21 07:07 PM

Hemispherical Productions made them 25 years ago. Phil made me one and it worked well in my T/A. I have since sold the car so I have no pictures. I believe he now lives somewhere in Utah.

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/08/21 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by sbcjd

Hemispherical Productions made them 25 years ago. Phil made me one and it worked well in my T/A. I have since sold the car so I have no pictures. I believe he now lives somewhere in Utah.

Yes, that where I got mine from. Just been too long ago to remember that.

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/13/21 10:33 AM

Just saw that sixpackperformance out of New Mexico sells these on his website. They are not cheap. I’m sure someone else makes them and he just carries them.
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/14/21 10:42 PM

Pictures of the one I bought back in the 90's..that clip on the bottom is hard to find

Attached picture 20211014_163554.jpg
Attached picture 20211014_163547.jpg
Attached picture 20211014_163519.jpg
Attached picture 20211014_163532.jpg

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/14/21 10:47 PM

Thanks for the great pictures
Bob
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/15/21 12:02 PM

Has anyone checked with A&A Transmissions? They make a lot of kickdown stuff
Posted By: mccannix

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/15/21 12:23 PM

Bob....I may have one....give a couple days to check and I'll pm you back

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/15/21 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by scatpacktom
Has anyone checked with A&A Transmissions? They make a lot of kickdown stuff

I have not yet but hope thet are someone else does. Right not have a manual valve body so did not need one. I am too g to swap back to forward type that requires one and will need one.
I thought till now my 4bbl one would work.
Posted By: steve70

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/15/21 02:43 PM

Megaparts sells them https://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.php?prod=178-KDL112

Year one has them for an extra $100 https://www.yearone.com/Product/challenger-cuda/k4401

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/15/21 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by mccannix
Bob....I may have one....give a couple days to check and I'll pm you back

Terry,
I do have the one that was on the TA
I think it's a repro and is the same length as a NOS one
Thanks Bob

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/15/21 07:56 PM

Year One price...$450+... astronomical! Correct shape... but it does give you the required brackets, etc.

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/16/21 04:16 PM

I guess only sold as a whole kit. I already have the manifold parts just needed the rod and attaching hardwear if not tge same as 4bbl hardware.
Posted By: mccannix

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/16/21 10:53 PM

I dunno Bob...does this one look close.

Attached picture rod1.jpg
Attached picture rod2.jpg
Attached picture rod3.jpg

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 10/17/21 04:10 PM

Terry, Check your email
Posted By: topcat53

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 01/01/22 12:04 AM

Hi, Had a question about an a 413 crankshaft you had a number of years ago. Do you still have it? Tom
Posted By: doctor_mopar

Re: TA Trans Kickdown Linkage - 01/02/22 11:14 PM

The stock six pack 340 linkage is for E body and will not fit A body . I used the bracket on the manifold made for a 440 six pack , and redrilled for smallblock six pack . I used a threaded coupling from the hardware store to extend the length of the rod coming up from the bell rank of the 4bbl linkage so it would reach , and then I believe I did a tweak on the length of the 4 bbl linkage to hook it up to the six pack carb . It is easy. If you have a question , let me know , and I can take photos on my car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums