Moparts

Auto City Glass

Posted By: viperakron

Auto City Glass - 07/23/21 10:47 AM

Need new side glass for a 74 Cuda. Wondering if anyone has used Auto City Glass in MN. Have heard some aftermarket glass is not correct thickness. Looking for good quality at the right price.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Auto City Glass - 07/23/21 11:22 AM

I am not happy with my auto city glass, it's thinner and doesn't appear to have the exact curvature it needs, which makes sealing exciting.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Auto City Glass - 07/23/21 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by viperakron
Need new side glass for a 74 Cuda. Wondering if anyone has used Auto City Glass in MN. Have heard some aftermarket glass is not correct thickness. Looking for good quality at the right price.

ECS.....you can get it bare or with date code/logos
Posted By: viperakron

Re: Auto City Glass - 07/23/21 06:24 PM

Who's products do Classic Industry and Orig Parts Group use? ECS is six weeks wait and the most expensive.
Posted By: 70runner

Re: Auto City Glass - 07/25/21 06:37 PM

To your original question, I replaced the OE passenger side glass in my 70RR convertible with Auto City pieces as no one else makes convertible side glass. Both the quarter and door glass were perfect matches to the OE glass, minus the 50yrs of scratches and blemishes. These pieces were made in Taiwan. Prices were very reasonable.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Auto City Glass - 07/26/21 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by 70runner
To your original question, I replaced the OE passenger side glass in my 70RR convertible with Auto City pieces as no one else makes convertible side glass. Both the quarter and door glass were perfect matches to the OE glass, minus the 50yrs of scratches and blemishes. These pieces were made in Taiwan. Prices were very reasonable.

I've also had good experiences wit them and several different makes.
One thing to be aware of is all reproduction glass will have small barely noticeable dimples at the edges that is caused during the manufacturing process (or so I've been told and experienced) beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums