Moparts

1969 roadrunner trunk spare tire decal location

Posted By: raybee

1969 roadrunner trunk spare tire decal location - 06/11/21 02:22 PM

HI does anyone have a picture of the spare tire trunk decal located on the trunk lid? i just got one and am no sure where it is factory correct Thanks
Posted By: A12

Re: 1969 roadrunner trunk spare tire decal location - 06/11/21 03:03 PM

Which assembly plant was your RR built in? Lynch Road (A) and Saint Louis (G) assembly usually on the upper right and just a little inboard.

LA (E) mostly on the left.

Attached picture Trunk  70 X my Y4 RR and R4 Bee LG.jpg
Posted By: TJP

Re: 1969 roadrunner trunk spare tire decal location - 06/12/21 01:06 AM

Having worked on the line back in the day, there were no specific placements other than "on the inside of the trunk lid".
Could be on the right if the worker was right handed or more left if they were left handed. twocents beer
Posted By: A12

Re: 1969 roadrunner trunk spare tire decal location - 06/12/21 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by TJP
Having worked on the line back in the day, there were no specific placements other than "on the inside of the trunk lid".
Could be on the right if the worker was right handed or more left if they were left handed. twocents beer

Have to disagree with the right hand left hand theory as the majority of the Lynch Road jack instructions would have been put on by a left handed person if one thinks about it. Much easier to place it in that position standing to the right of the right rear quarter panel and reaching over. Wasn't there a rolling assembly line under the center of the car that called for left and right side assembly line workers?
Posted By: 69hemibeep

Re: 1969 roadrunner trunk spare tire decal location - 06/12/21 02:11 AM

Mine Lynch Rd

Attached picture DSCN1319.JPG
Posted By: TJP

Re: 1969 roadrunner trunk spare tire decal location - 06/13/21 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by TJP

Have to disagree with the right hand left hand theory as the majority of the Lynch Road jack instructions would have been put on by a left handed person if one thinks about it. Much easier to place it in that position standing to the right of the right rear quarter panel and reaching over. Wasn't there a rolling assembly line under the center of the car that called for left and right side assembly line workers?

Correct the line was moving, however I don't know how anyone can say they always leaned over the 1/4 panel to do so unless of course they were the person doing it. I can't say for sure how the label was placed as I wasn't on the Lynch road line. I was just offering an input based on my actual line experiences beer
Posted By: VITC_GTX

Re: 1969 roadrunner trunk spare tire decal location - 06/17/21 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by A12
Which assembly plant was your RR built in? Lynch Road (A) and Saint Louis (G) assembly usually on the upper right and just a little inboard.

Mine's on the right of center as well.

Question: What is the 70X for? My car has the same thing.
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: 1969 roadrunner trunk spare tire decal location - 06/18/21 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by VITC_GTX
Originally Posted by A12

G70 tire, black rim I believe.
Posted By: 69hemibeep

Re: 1969 roadrunner trunk spare tire decal location - 06/18/21 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by MI_Custumz

Originally Posted by VITC_GTX
Originally Posted by A12

G70 tire, black rim I believe.

My hemi car is an F70-15 and the deck lid has the 70X on it
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: 1969 roadrunner trunk spare tire decal location - 06/18/21 03:52 PM

My Lynch rd car has "F70" scribbled fwiw.
Posted By: VITC_GTX

Re: 1969 roadrunner trunk spare tire decal location - 06/18/21 04:42 PM

Mine's a Lynch Rd car as well (with the 70 X).

Well, I learned something today. It's a note for the workers down the line for the spare tire.

Thanks.
© 2024 Moparts Forums