Moparts

Corbin Hose Clamp Kit, Who Makes the Best?

Posted By: RSI700VIPER

Corbin Hose Clamp Kit, Who Makes the Best? - 02/20/21 12:48 AM

Who makes the best Kit? I have bought a few kits over the years and some were junk - thin in cross section and didn't grip the hose well enough to prevent leakage.
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: Corbin Hose Clamp Kit, Who Makes the Best? - 02/20/21 02:19 AM

I bought a few hose clamp kits over the years from Bill Allphin (GTX6970). Very good quality, my opinion anyway.

Mike.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Corbin Hose Clamp Kit, Who Makes the Best? - 02/20/21 02:43 AM

GET the new style clamps .... THROUGHLY impressive up
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Corbin Hose Clamp Kit, Who Makes the Best? - 02/20/21 03:13 AM

Here's the problem with the repro Corbin clamps that have been on the market for a few decades, they're fine repros of the originals, very exact, and that's the problem, because it's the hose manufactures have unfortunately decreased the wall thickness of most OEM/aftermarket/reproduction hoses reducing the O.D., this results in a clamp that can't adequately clamp the hose onto a nipple resulting in leaks or blowing off under pressure, squeezing the clamp smaller before install to make it "tighter" only eggs the clamp, defeating it design/purpose and still causing leaks, so the clamp gets a bad rap, rather than the hose....

I've found the best alternative is to size the exact clamp I need for the job, unfortunately the repro clamp kits are at best only 50% usable on newer aftermarket/repro hoses, so after some digging many many years ago I found the Corbin clamps supplied by McMaster Carr to fill the void, the fit/finish (correct yellow zinc) offered is indistinguishable from OEM, and the sizes are many, much more than the aftermarket kits offer, yes you'll need to buy some bilk, individual clamps aren't sold, but many of us have multiple cars or friends that could benefit from a bulk buy, sometimes the total cost of a bulk buy depending on what you need costs the same as 1 aftermarket kit to fit just 1 vehicle....plus good to have extras on hand

Mike G

Attached picture clamp.JPG
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Corbin Hose Clamp Kit, Who Makes the Best? - 02/20/21 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by RSI700VIPER
Who makes the best Kit? I have bought a few kits over the years and some were junk - thin in cross section and didn't grip the hose well enough to prevent leakage.

whats the application. I MIGHT have some sets left over from when I carried them

if I do, pay postage and a set is yours

Re: Corbin Hose Clamp Kit, Who Makes the Best? - 02/20/21 12:12 PM

GTX - Thanks for the offer. It's for a 1971 Big Block.

Re: Corbin Hose Clamp Kit, Who Makes the Best? - 02/20/21 12:13 PM

Mike - very informative post. drive
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Corbin Hose Clamp Kit, Who Makes the Best? - 02/20/21 06:25 PM

I have some left over sets

PM me an address and I'll send you a set . non air car I assume ?

call it a late ,,,or maybe early christmas present
Posted By: Matt M

Re: Corbin Hose Clamp Kit, Who Makes the Best? - 02/23/21 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by gtx6970
I have some left over sets

PM me an address and I'll send you a set . non air car I assume ?

call it a late ,,,or maybe early christmas present

Hi,
If you have another set for a 70 Big Block non AC car. I would like to buy a set from you.
Happy to pay and cover shipping to 33556.

Thanks
Matt
© 2024 Moparts Forums