Moparts

Fuel Pressure Reg and Gauge

Posted By: CHRGR69

Fuel Pressure Reg and Gauge - 02/04/21 06:44 PM

Want to install one on my 440 with an Eddy 4bbl. Best combo/brand?
Posted By: calrobb2000

Re: Fuel Pressure Reg and Gauge - 02/04/21 09:27 PM

hi
\ race car or street car ?

i use the electric stewart warner for street / strip cars .

what fuel pump do you have ?
Posted By: CHRGR69

Re: Fuel Pressure Reg and Gauge - 02/04/21 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by CHRGR69
Want to install one on my 440 with an Eddy 4bbl. Best combo/brand?

Street only. I'm going to use a Carter M6903 pump and I've heard they do sometimes put out more than 7 psi. I use Rec90 non ethanol fuel.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Fuel Pressure Reg and Gauge - 02/05/21 01:11 AM

I doubt you will need a gauge with that pump The other carter M4862 will put out more pressure and may need a regulator. I have the one you are buying and it is about 6-7 psi.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Fuel Pressure Reg and Gauge - 02/05/21 01:18 AM

95% of the ones mounted to the motor fail. Also Be aware that it is not recommended to install one in the interior compartment. Any track will bounce you out at tech.
I normally drill and tap a Tee fitting for 1/8th NPT. I then use a known good dedicated 0- 10 or 15 PSI gauge installed temporarily to check / adjust as required. IF needed to check at WOT I'll either mount it to the cowl vent using rubber or vinyl to prevent paint damage. After testing I remove the gauge and line. Then plug the tapped port. twocents beer
Posted By: TJP

Re: Fuel Pressure Reg and Gauge - 02/05/21 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by NITROUSN
I doubt you will need a gauge with that pump The other carter M4862 will put out more pressure and may need a regulator. I have the one you are buying and it is about 6-7 psi.

Based on my testing of several of them iagree
Posted By: calrobb2000

Re: Fuel Pressure Reg and Gauge - 02/05/21 09:58 AM

good pump choice

the electric gauge CAN be installed inside car, that is why i use the electric one .

do not install a macanical one inside the car !

should not need a regulator with that pump
Posted By: FurryStump

Re: Fuel Pressure Reg and Gauge - 02/05/21 02:45 PM

No liquid filled gauges, when they heat up the pressure reading goes crazy. My car ran for ten mins with the gauge going from 0 to 8 lbs. No change in idle. Drained the liquid out rock steady at 6 lbs. What carb? Carter/eddy are pretty sensitive to higher fuel pressure. Holley not so much.
© 2024 Moparts Forums