Moparts

Question about original decals

Posted By: 1970RT

Question about original decals - 01/17/21 05:46 PM

Does anyone know who manufactured the original decals back in the day used on Mopar muscle cars circa 19769-71? In particular, decals used on body panels such as hoods (440+6, 440 Six Pack, etc.), quarter panels (various Cuda decals, Super Bee, etc.), Road Runner birds and dust trails, Duster/Twister just to mention a few.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Question about original decals - 01/17/21 05:54 PM

American Decalcomania Co. was one.

(Name found on the backing paper of a NOS T/A air cleaner 340 Six Pack lid sticker)
Posted By: 6PAX

Re: Question about original decals - 01/17/21 06:57 PM

Has anyone heard of a decal supplier called Fasign? I have some decals that I have had for almost 30 years that I thought were NOS that have that name on the paper backing.

Attached picture DSC00002.JPG
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Question about original decals - 01/17/21 07:05 PM

3m under there old name.

Scotchcal Film as well as another I think.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Question about original decals - 01/17/21 07:13 PM

I have 2 that say nothing. But they may be pre-production

They came from Gurney’s Team/Shop

Attached picture FCFEC48F-D923-401A-8E82-495A61B5DE40.jpeg
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Question about original decals - 01/17/21 07:40 PM

most of the exterior stripes/decals were 3M

Originally Posted by 6PAX
Has anyone heard of a decal supplier called Fasign? I have some decals that I have had for almost 30 years that I thought were NOS that have that name on the paper backing.

1953-1954
Avery built a plant for the new base materials division in Painesville, Ohio. The division was originally named the Avery Paper Company. In 1954, it was incorporated as Fasson.

FASSON did a lot of smaller decals including bumper stickers & promotional stickers

Attached picture Fasson - Braniff to Hawaii.jpg
Attached picture fasson duster.jpg
Attached picture FASSON Avery PAINESVILLE.jpg
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Question about original decals - 01/17/21 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by 6PAX

That’s a modern Avery logo.

[Linked Image]

The Avery logo designed by Saul Bass in 1975 is used exclusively on office products by CCL Industries, which acquired the logo when it purchased Avery Dennison's office products business in July 2013.

Fasign must be a product line or division of theirs.

https://graphicsap.averydennison.co...lletins/Avery_IB_1.13_MSDS_PVC_Rev_1.pdf
© 2024 Moparts Forums