Moparts

best front end rebuild parts

Posted By: RapidRobert

best front end rebuild parts - 01/07/21 03:20 PM

63 dart idler/pitman/tie rod ends. thank you for your time.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/07/21 03:45 PM

I've had good luck with NAPA's NCP (National Chassis Parts) line of suspension components.
Posted By: moparx

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/07/21 04:53 PM

i have heard good reports about ProForged parts, but i have not had any in my hands to inspect.
beer

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/07/21 08:08 PM

Oh now I remember, Proform has been touted on here before & there is a NAPA close by. I will call em on NCP brand. thanks guys up

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/07/21 08:27 PM

NAPA couldn't find anything. who carries Proform?
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/07/21 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by RapidRobert

Rockauto, summit, and Jegs all carrie ProForged. I wouldnt use anything from ProForm, pure junk.
Posted By: buzz440

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/07/21 09:35 PM

No votes for Moog.... weren't they the oem supplier ?

Later, BUZZ
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/07/21 10:26 PM

Spicer Dana stuff was good stuff at one time. Don`t know anymore though.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/07/21 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by buzz440
No votes for Moog.... weren't they the oem supplier ?

Later, BUZZ

Moog quality is inconsistent at best, crap at worst. Then again, all brands are suspect these days.
Posted By: Willie68coronet

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/07/21 11:00 PM

I agree on the Napa chassis. Mine are still doing great after 5-6 years when I rebuilt my frontend. When I got them they had a dana logo or spicer and "made in usa with global materials". So whoever reboxes spicer/ dana will be the napa peices. I think I remeber hearing raybestos and AC Delco re-boxes them but I can't say for certain. I did use a AC Delco pitman arm on mine and it looked the same as the Napa one I returned. I've read lots of good reviews on pro forged as well
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/07/21 11:31 PM

If you go to Moog’s website and email them a part number they will tell you the country of manufacture. I was lucky enough to get all the parts I needed for my diplomat manufactured in the USA including the larger tie rods. The only other things not from them I got from feelfeel e.g. Fast ratio Pitman arm and idler arm. The moog parts have been reliable the only problem is their rubber parts suck now and crack and fall off in no time and have to be replaced, so not sure if they are worth the trouble or have improved rubber parts.

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/07/21 11:51 PM

Oh I was getting proform/proforged confused. You guys have given me plenty of top notch info to work from, thank you up
Posted By: TJP

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/08/21 01:12 AM

Rare parts twocents
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/08/21 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by RapidRobert

NAPA couldn't find anything?

NAPA Steering Parts for '63 Dodge
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/08/21 03:12 PM

NAPA Steering Parts for '63 Dodge
wow that stuff is expensive
Posted By: Neil

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/08/21 04:14 PM

Contact Firm Feel and maybe see what they recommend?

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/08/21 07:55 PM

proFORGED not proforM.
dana and spicer as has been previously stated, have had good reviews.
moog used to be the best, bar none, but has had questionable quality for the past 15 years or so. i have had experience with this [moog] on several occasions dating back that far.
also, [as has been said as well] items made today need to be inspected thoroughly. even doing that does not reveal quality part longevity.
anymore it seems almost like a crap shoot.
it seems personal reviews are the only hope we have to see what is quality or not.
i for one, appreciate the reviews which will help me in the future.
beer
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/08/21 08:58 PM

MOOG has never, or rarely, ever had any OE supply business -- they are dominant for aftermarket and typically A-OK.

However, Moog has promoted their products to be better than OE.... "Problem Solvers" for certain known problematic applications.

On the other hand, back in the day, the OE supplier for the big-three was almost always TRW (and made-in-USA)... and they are not easy to find within the later years of aftermarket supplier's distributors.... pretty much replaced everywhere by Moog.

So, if you truly want OE... try searching for NOS products... they will be TRW.

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/08/21 11:12 PM

I got my work cut out for me wink. good info guys
Posted By: bonefish

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/11/21 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
proFORGED not proforM.
moog used to be the best, bar none, but has had questionable quality for the past 15 years or so. i have had experience with this [moog] on several occasions dating back that far.
also, [as has been said as well] items made today need to be inspected thoroughly. even doing that does not reveal quality part longevity.
it seems personal reviews are the only hope we have to see what is quality or not.
beer
we rely on personal reviews.but X-amount of years is not the same as MILES DRIVEN.Thats the info we need.

Re: best front end rebuild parts - 01/11/21 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by bonefish
Originally Posted by moparx
proFORGED not proforM.
beer
we rely on personal reviews.but X-amount of years is not the same as MILES DRIVEN.Thats the info we need.

very true, however i can say with certainty the tierod, idler, and balljoint rubber boots do not last long time or mileage wise until they crack.
this is my experience with using new production [not old stock] moog products on a variety of makes over the last 15 years. if this had not been caught rather quickly time wise, the joints would have not lasted as long as they could have mileage wise. this was not caused by improper installation procedures, just bad quality rubber used.
with that said, i have had reasonable luck with poly replacement boots, but having said that, even some of those are of questionable quality.
having to constantly disassemble front end parts because of quality issues, even minor ones, is very disheartening coming from what was once the industry leader.
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums