Moparts

Blower motor gasket

Posted By: fastmark

Blower motor gasket - 01/02/21 03:10 PM

I’m working on a 69 b body with heater only. The seal/insulator gasket is pretty hard. Does anyone make one of those? I checked DMT and he does not have one. It’s the seal that goes between the blower and fan through the backing plate on the heater.
Posted By: jlatessa

Re: Blower motor gasket - 01/02/21 03:18 PM

Detroit Muscle Technologies, you have to buy the rebuild kit, I think.

Joe
Posted By: floyd

Re: Blower motor gasket - 01/02/21 03:21 PM

Check with Jim at DMT anyway. If he doesn’t have he he may make one for you using your original as a pattern. I think he’s always looking for new products to offer anyway.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Blower motor gasket - 01/02/21 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by fastmark
I’m working on a 69 b body with heater only. The seal/insulator gasket is pretty hard. Does anyone make one of those? I checked DMT and he does not have one. It’s the seal that goes between the blower and fan through the backing plate on the heater.

I may have one. Post a picture.

Re: Blower motor gasket - 01/02/21 06:46 PM

Here you go.

Attached picture 1E61FF0D-DD71-4335-8EB5-0112CFF8CA9B.jpeg

Re: Blower motor gasket - 01/03/21 12:10 AM

So it is just a round foam gasket. I believe I have it. Just give me the OD and ID and I will measure mine.

Re: Blower motor gasket - 01/03/21 12:53 AM

It’s not a round foam gasket. It’s made of rubber and has a raised part around the studs of the motor that goes through that metal back support of the rear of the box. Those raised portions collapse to help insulate from the vibrations of the fan. It has a part number molded into it.

Re: Blower motor gasket - 01/03/21 02:29 AM

sorry that I do not have.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Blower motor gasket - 01/03/21 04:28 PM

Detroit Muscle Technologies, you have to buy the rebuild kit, I think.

Not part of the kit nor is it available from them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums