Moparts

www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them?

Posted By: mopars4ever

www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/10/20 02:07 PM

I was wondering if anyone has bought from them before? I was searching a for a new windshield and nobody has one but this place says they have them. It seemed too easy. Anybody know?
Posted By: TJP

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/10/20 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
I was wondering if anyone has bought from them before? I was searching a for a new windshield and nobody has one but this place says they have them. It seemed too easy. Anybody know?

I haven't bought from them but they copped the pic of the 52 Ford pickup pic off my website flame Unless they know the owner which is doubtful as he is in Norway and hasn't owned the vehicle for several years. That picture in fact was taken in Norway wink
I'll send him and email to see if he by chance Knows about them but I doubt it

have you tried Auto city Glass LINK TO AUTO CITY GLASS

If you do proceed with the first place, use paypal or a credit card twocents beer

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/10/20 04:27 PM

I am thinking it is NOT a good website. Something was strange about the whole thing. I`m not going to take a chance on it. I will check out the link you provided. Thanks
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/10/20 05:23 PM

I`m am thinking it is NOT a good website. Something was strange about the whole thing. I`m not going to take a chance on it. I will check out the link you provided. Thanks

Vintage Glass is nothing short of a nightmare for service and products, what glass application are you looking for?....

Mike

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/10/20 05:49 PM

F body stuff. A couple years ago i had a NOS windshield shipped from NJ IIRC and it had gotten broke. I haven`t seen one since. I thought something was odd when they quoted a price so quickly like they were easily found when I know they are not.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/10/20 06:35 PM

F body stuff. A couple years ago i had a NOS windshield shipped from NJ IIRC and it had gotten broke. I haven`t seen one since. I thought something was odd when they quoted a price so quickly like they were easily found when I know they are not.

Broken ones are
Posted By: maximus

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/11/20 12:02 PM

Have you called your local auto glass repair companies? They have access to many different suppliers. Post your year, make, model car and many guys on this web site will try and help you in your quest.
Posted By: AeroMonte

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/12/20 03:24 AM

ECS in Chesterfield Missouri might be able to help. They can also date code your glass. I got all our glass (smoked) for a 71 Barracuda from them and it was delivered with no issues. Great service too.

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/12/20 12:51 PM

Yea, I`m not looking for a nightmare. I will keep searching. I looked a while back and some tinted windshields were still out there but I was looking for clear. Looking for 1977 Volare 2dr Clear windshield would be a good start. If anyone in the glass business can check that would be great.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/12/20 02:30 PM

Yea, I`m not looking for a nightmare. I will keep searching. I looked a while back and some tinted windshields were still out there but I was looking for clear. Looking for 1977 Volare 2dr Clear windshield would be a good start. If anyone in the glass business can check that would be great.

The following list are the NAGS numbers for you/your glass installer to search with for your F body 77 Volare:

DW 859 clear
DW 859T Tinted

PPG (OEM supplier) still lists the glass but only available in tint, the aftermarket reproduction currently has it only in tint, problem with wanting it in clear is at one time clear was the common replacement "back in the day", as the the demand for tint became higher, tint became the accepted norm, clear "vintage" windshields are the exception nowadays and usually only available aftermarket, perhaps VintageGlass.com has a clear?, but it's your choice to pursue it with them...

FYI, Classic Industries currently offers DW859T (tint only) $200

Mike

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/12/20 10:02 PM

It appears 858 should be a 2dr unless my crash book is wrong.

Attached picture dw858.jpg
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/13/20 01:54 AM

I have used ACC glass and don't recommend it.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/13/20 05:26 AM

I have used them and had no problems. They were the only ones that had a windshield for my 67 Belvedere wagon. I would use them again.

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/13/20 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by cudatom
I have used them and had no problems. They were the only ones that had a windshield for my 67 Belvedere wagon. I would use them again.
Who were you referring to? Auto City Glass?

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/13/20 02:37 PM

FYI, Classic Industries currently offers DW859T (tint only) $200
Yes, I checked and it was for a 4dr from OER. Apparently they don`t list a 2dr unless I`m not seeing it.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/13/20 08:00 PM

;

Vintage glass
Posted By: TJP

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/14/20 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda

I have used ACC glass and don't recommend it.

HMM I've used them several times, did have an issue once or twice but it was promptly taken care of shruggy beer

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/14/20 01:39 PM

;

Vintage glass
OK thanks.I wanted to check before ordering as it is always good to find someone that has bought from them and had no problems.
Posted By: 70runner

Re: www.VintageGlass.com Anyone bought from them? - 12/15/20 02:00 AM

Recently bought passenger qtr and door glass from Auto City. AFAIK they are the only option for 70B body convertible side glass. Very pleased with price and products.
© 2024 Moparts Forums