Moparts

Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP!

Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/07/20 09:51 PM

I just noticed today while driving my 2016 Chrysler 300 that there is a burgandy-colored area that rubbed-off of one of my daughters' leather jackets now impregnated in the white seat cover! I first tried an anti-bacterial wipe - that didn't dent it - no burgandy color on the wipe at all. Then, just getting home, I tried some leather cleaner/conditioner - that did not yield any results either - not even a hint of the red color on my cloth. HOW CAN I CLEAN THIS??? (lacquer thinner?)
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/07/20 09:56 PM

I have never tried it but I would think a magic eraser would take it off.
Posted By: cmansell

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/07/20 10:09 PM

try using bleche-white tire cleaner on a soft rag
Posted By: topside

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/07/20 11:06 PM

Many years ago, bought a Charger with white interior, dirty & a couple stains like the OP's seat.
I tried a few things in graduating order of attack, ended up with Wesley's whitewall cleaner.
Worked a charm, but if I got too aggressive with it, seemed to want to melt the vinyl texture.
Not sure on leather, though; at the least, I'd follow up with some leather treatment.
On another car, with light grey leather, I had an area re-dyed; still perfect 18 years later.
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/07/20 11:12 PM

I've watched a few of this channel's videos, the guy knows his stuff.

Watch this, it might have the answer you need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bd_IqK5ydU

Mike.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/07/20 11:33 PM

Soft Scrub with bleach. Just be careful with it.
Posted By: ek3

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/08/20 12:35 AM

best cleaner I have ever seen... if it does not get , your in trouble... https://www.amazon.com/Tube-Beige-K...mp;psc=1&refRID=B08Y0VS5PDQ664G4RX1J
Posted By: maximus

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/08/20 11:19 AM

Saddle Soap. The stores use to carry it, I don't know now. Yes this is the stuff for horse riding saddles. It cleans and softens the leather. I don't know how white it will get it but it should be used from time to time to keep the leather soft and crack free.
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/08/20 04:58 PM

I will have to watch the video moparmike1 posted. In the marine world we are told to avoid anything with bleach. It weakens the stitching and causes the material to separate. Magic Eraser is recommended for boat seats. But those are vinyl, not leather.

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/08/20 07:52 PM

I've been following this - thanks for all the advice. I watched the video link, plus another. All this being said though, I'm dealing with dye from a leather coat that has impregnated into the leather. I tried two methods already that would clean "dirt" that they are cleaning in the videos - I've cleaned dirty leather many times before & with much success. This burgandy-colored dye however is a whole different animal. I'm thinking I will need some kind of solvent to cut it (if it can be cut). Almost similar if you took a black sharpie & got it on the seat. Now in that case, I don't believe there would be a way to remove it. I keep thinking lacquer thinner, but what would that do to the leather? (or vinyl - the seatcovers may not be acutal leather - I'm not sure)
Posted By: Neil

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/08/20 08:05 PM

When I detailed cars way back when we used products from this company. Contact them with your problem and see if they sell something that can fix it.

https://www.mark-v-online.com/
Posted By: Cuda340

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/08/20 08:29 PM

I would try reducer first, then lacquer thinner. Less aggressive.
Posted By: Powerflow

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/08/20 08:41 PM

If there's a label on the coat, try contacting the manufacturer. They may have some insights about what to do.
Posted By: skicker

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/09/20 12:27 AM

I have white seats in my car...not leather just vinyl...

I had the same thing happen from a new pair of blue jeans...

Your not going to like it but I used Acetone... twocents

But it worked...
Posted By: RobG

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/10/20 09:19 PM

This concoction is a home made mixture and it works every time!

2 1/2 ounces gin or vodka
1/2 ounce dry vermouth
Ice
Lemon peel twist or olives, for garnish

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/11/20 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by RobG

1/2 ounce dry vermouth
Ice

What - to calm the nerves???
Posted By: ek3

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/11/20 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
I've been following this - thanks for all the advice. I watched the video link, plus another. All this being said though, I'm dealing with dye from a leather coat that has impregnated into the leather. I tried two methods already that would clean "dirt" that they are cleaning in the videos - I've cleaned dirty leather many times before & with much success. This burgandy-colored dye however is a whole different animal. I'm thinking I will need some kind of solvent to cut it (if it can be cut). Almost similar if you took a black sharpie & got it on the seat. Now in that case, I don't believe there would be a way to remove it. I keep thinking lacquer thinner, but what would that do to the leather? (or vinyl - the seatcovers may not be acutal leather - I'm not sure)
this stuff cleans printers ink................. it will clean finger nail polish --dried-- it want harm the fabric. if it want clean it , you are in for trouble. --->>> https://www.amazon.com/Tube-Beige-K...mp;psc=1&refRID=B08Y0VS5PDQ664G4RX1J
Posted By: INTMD8

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/11/20 04:02 AM

Having had and still have cars with white leather. I would try simple green, then purple power. Would not want to use lacquer thinner or any solvent myself.
Posted By: RobG

Re: Cleaning White Leather Seat - HELP! - 12/11/20 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Originally Posted by RobG

1/2 ounce dry vermouth
Ice

What - to calm the nerves???

. . . YEP . . .

I had an AAR with a white interior. If it is a set stain, you will clean about 80% of it out. YOU will always know it is there and it will bug you all the time.
© 2024 Moparts Forums