741 rear

Posted By: 05dakota

741 rear - 11/30/20 02:08 AM

appears 3.23 i not made for it?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 741 rear - 11/30/20 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by 05dakota

Are you saying that gear ratio was never made or are you asking if they where made and available now?
I might have a good used on my shelfs, maybe not.
I need to go through my spare and extra parts and do a inventory and see if I can move some of that on here so I can move stuff off the floors aand into the empty spots luck
Posted By: burdar

Re: 741 rear - 11/30/20 01:46 PM

IIRC up until a couple years ago, no one was making a 3.23 gear set for ANY of the cases. Someone recently started making one but for only 1 of the cases.(can't remember which case)

Re: 741 rear - 11/30/20 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

Are you saying that gear ratio was never made or are you asking if they where made and available now?
I might have a good used on my shelfs, maybe not.
I need to go through my spare and extra parts and do a inventory and see if I can move some of that on here so I can move stuff off the floors aand into the empty spots luck

saying no one makes new and used is impoosible to find.

Re: 741 rear - 11/30/20 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by burdar
IIRC up until a couple years ago, no one was making a 3.23 gear set for ANY of the cases. Someone recently started making one but for only 1 of the cases.(can't remember which case)

they are made for 742 and 489 case
Posted By: Neil

Re: 741 rear - 11/30/20 04:56 PM

Should be able to find a nice used oem set with a little digging?
Posted By: Sniper

Re: 741 rear - 11/30/20 05:20 PM

Well, not exactly what you want, but there are several entire 741 housings with 3.23 gears for sale on Ebay. Shipping though...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-8-75-8-3-4-741-Third-Member-3-23-/264851308242

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-DODGE-8-3-4-741-DIFFERENTIAL-CARRIER-WITH-CASE-3-23-OPEN/274114420701

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-8-75-8-3-4-741-Third-Member-3-23/293866259777

Re: 741 rear - 11/30/20 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper

Well, not exactly what you want, but there are several entire 741 housings with 3.23 gears for sale on Ebay. Shipping though...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-8-75-8-3-4-741-Third-Member-3-23-/264851308242

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-DODGE-8-3-4-741-DIFFERENTIAL-CARRIER-WITH-CASE-3-23-OPEN/274114420701

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-8-75-8-3-4-741-Third-Member-3-23/293866259777

are they reaaly worth 300-400?
Posted By: Sniper

Re: 741 rear - 11/30/20 05:47 PM

Well, I guess that depends.

It's still cheaper than a different style case with 3.23 gears.

But for me, no it's not worth it.
Posted By: moparx

Re: 741 rear - 11/30/20 06:14 PM

the minute you do that, a giant vacuum will appear, which you can not hear, and the floor space you have created will magically be full again.
i have a LONG experience with this exact thing happening ! laugh2
beer
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 741 rear - 11/30/20 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by moparx

the minute you do that, a giant vacuum will appear, which you can not hear, and the floor space you have created will magically be full again.
beer
haha up
Posted By: dIc dOc Deity !

Re: 741 rear - 12/07/20 01:13 PM

beer

SEZ the puttsylvania apimp that whenever I channel surf and see that ROAD SHOW where the pole barns are FULL TO THE RAFTERS with Carrotvan parts and 741 pigs ...

I thimks of oleham2.... eek laugh2
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: 741 rear - 12/07/20 05:38 PM

i have a LONG experience with this exact thing happening !

Too true. I have a rule at my place, "every horizontal surface eventually becomes storage"...both shop and house.
Posted By: moparx

Re: 741 rear - 12/07/20 06:09 PM

"horizontal surface" = "flat surface syndrome"...................all to TRUE ! eek
beer

Re: 741 rear - 12/07/20 06:15 PM

Parts Wanted ad on here should get you a set I'd think?
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: 741 rear - 12/07/20 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by John_Kunkel

i have a LONG experience with this exact thing happening !

Too true. I have a rule at my place, "every horizontal surface eventually becomes storage"...both shop and house.

In my shop vertical surfaces also get used. It's shocking how many things can get hung on a nail, not to be seen again for years or even decades. laugh2
Posted By: poorboy

Re: 741 rear - 12/08/20 03:47 AM

For years I had the great "I can't find it when I want it" situation. I'm slowly solving that issue, I'm using up and getting rid of everything. I'll be happily moving into the "I know its not here any more, I don't even have to look!" form. So far, I'm not missing any of that stuff, because I couldn't find it when I wanted to anyway. There were actually small clear horizontal places in my shop, until the kitchen cabinet replacement process started last week. Soon there will be large empty spaces! Gene
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: 741 rear - 12/08/20 05:14 PM

beer
haha up

What floor space? That’s where I keep all my tools, cords, old parts, scrap metal, gizmos, bolts and nuts and numerous cars laying around. 90% of my time I spend looking.

Re: 741 rear - 12/09/20 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Neil
Parts Wanted ad on here should get you a set I'd think?

got no responses except for telling me to buy new for 1500 plus

Re: 741 rear - 12/10/20 12:29 AM

Are you just wanting the ring and pinion set?

Start looking at some online junkyards/parts sellers? I guarantee there are lots of cars sitting in yards with 741 cases as everyone thinks they need the 742 or 489.

This guy maybe? https://youtu.be/vGoanHYZe0M

Wildcat in Oregon
DVAP in Arizona
Tony's Parts
L&L Classic Auto

Maybe find someone who has what you want and buy them a new set of 3:55 or 3:91 gears that they would rather have and trade straight across?

Do you have a local Mopar club? Someone may have something if you post on their FB page or even Craigslist?
© 2024 Moparts Forums