Moparts

A/C Blower Motor Ground Wire Question

Posted By: vinnyd76

A/C Blower Motor Ground Wire Question - 10/28/20 11:42 AM

Anyone familiar with an A/C System on an A-Body? I’m trying to understand where the blower motor ground eyelet is attached to on the firewall or inner fender. Specially a 1970 340 Dart. Photos of engine compartments or details would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: A/C Blower Motor Ground Wire Question - 10/28/20 01:50 PM

I can't talk on A bodies, but 71/74 B bodies uses one of the A/C-heater box studs with the nut to the firewall. I think the eyelet terminal get somehow a star washer shape to cut into the paint? can't recall.
Posted By: njmopar

Re: A/C Blower Motor Ground Wire Question - 10/28/20 05:48 PM

On my 68 I seem to recall the ground being screwed to the side kickpanel metal. Been a while since installing, but having flashbacks.
Posted By: burdar

Re: A/C Blower Motor Ground Wire Question - 10/28/20 05:51 PM

Yah, my 68 non A/C blower motor attaches behind the PS kick panel. A/C cars might be different.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: A/C Blower Motor Ground Wire Question - 10/29/20 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by NachoRT74
I can't talk on A bodies, but 71/74 B bodies uses one of the A/C-heater box studs with the nut to the firewall. I think the eyelet terminal get somehow a star washer shape to cut into the paint? can't recall.

Correct but I don't have a picture and pretty sure A bodies are the same as well
Posted By: vinnyd76

Re: A/C Blower Motor Ground Wire Question - 10/29/20 04:41 PM

Thank you for the feedback. I was trying to find some old pics before the 70 Dart was torn down, Here is a pic that I initially thought it went over to the wiper motor stud. But the wire that was spliced may be the blower motor wire, it's difficult to tell.

Unfortunately, I do not have a photo depicting the right side of the engine compartment (up close). I only have the pic from the online ad, but it's too difficult to make out the actual routing with all the pluming going on.

Attached picture Caulk near 2-speed wiper motor.JPG
Posted By: njmopar

Re: A/C Blower Motor Ground Wire Question - 10/29/20 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by burdar
Yah, my 68 non A/C blower motor attaches behind the PS kick panel. A/C cars might be different.

Motor is in same location for both, so I am guessing ground is same spot. They may choose that location to move further from radio or something (AM noise).

I would take the harness and lay it out to see how it fits. I am also remembering it went under the carpet to get to the side kick panel. Wasn't what I expected, but I saved old carpet and could see where the wire was laying and imprinted on back.
© 2024 Moparts Forums