Moparts

Is this a real tag

Posted By: gygeneral

Is this a real tag - 10/27/20 01:03 PM

Something on this tag bothers me, is it me? Its the 26, i've never seen it positioned in that location. Always on the top near the END.

Attached picture rr  tag sold at barrett.jpg
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/27/20 01:15 PM

I'm no expert but the way the "5" in J52 and the R in R11 are offset higher looks fishy to me, I believe on legit tags the characters are always aligned horizontally.

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/27/20 01:17 PM

This car sold at Barrett Jackson over the weekend for 110k, that will make 71B body guys happy. The only thing I am thinking this is a Windsor built car, maybe their tags were different
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/27/20 02:21 PM

I’m sure Dan will chime in but nothing about that one looks correct to me.
Posted By: Butterscotch71

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/28/20 01:08 AM

Norm. looks like a repop, but I don't see anything wrong with the codes (or order of the codes). SPD and VON seem to fall in line with other Windsor cars I have with close VINs.
Posted By: MoparMike1974

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/28/20 06:06 AM

It also does not have the crease from where it was folded over for painting. Most (not all) tags will have this.
Posted By: Slotts

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/28/20 09:24 AM

When the car at the factory was being painted, the fender tag was first mounted with the right screw in place and bent up slightly to allow the underneath of the inner fender surface to be painted. Then the left screw was fastened with another swipe of paint. The upper right hand corner usually had a 45 degree angle crease by the right screw from bending the tag.

Jim
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/28/20 09:52 AM

First thing that stuck out to me (no expert by any means), was the C all by itself to the left of the 26.

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/28/20 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by MI_Custumz
First thing that stuck out to me (no expert by any means), was the C all by itself to the left of the 26.

I have the C on my car, it means it was a Cdn order car. Like I said this car brought a good price, but if you look at the car a lot of options were added that are not on the tag. Still a very nice car.So sounds like the location of the 26 is correct for a windsor car.
Posted By: Butterscotch71

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/28/20 07:54 PM

Some of the options would not show on any 71 tag, and others aren't typically coded on Windsor tags. Fortunately the car has a broadcast sheet too (unfortunately it doesn't have any codes in several of the lines)
Posted By: cdstl

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/28/20 09:08 PM

Should there be an Axle code?
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/28/20 09:14 PM

EV2 on there twice?
Posted By: 4406bbl

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/29/20 04:00 AM

I would say it is a reproduction, but if they have a build sheet it would not matter much.
Posted By: cdstl

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/29/20 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by AARCONV
EV2 on there twice?

Painted roof, no vinyl top.
Posted By: geo.

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/29/20 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by AARCONV
EV2 on there twice?

Always when roof paint same as body color.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Is this a real tag - 10/29/20 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by 4406bbl
I would say it is a reproduction, but if they have a build sheet it would not matter much.

I agree. It looks like a reproduction to me (I'm no expert) but if they have a build sheet and it matches the build sheet then who cares. Not much different than if the car has a couple of reproduction fenders on it. None of these cars are 100% original anymore.
© 2024 Moparts Forums