Moparts

What are a good brand of Semi Metallic Disc Pads for E Body

Posted By: fury4speed

What are a good brand of Semi Metallic Disc Pads for E Body - 10/16/20 12:22 AM

What are you using for disc brake pads , thanks
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: What are a good brand of Semi Metallic Disc Pads for E Body - 10/16/20 12:32 AM

Wagner ceramic thermo quiet or quick stop.
Posted By: fury4speed

Re: What are a good brand of Semi Metallic Disc Pads for E Body - 10/16/20 12:35 AM

Are riveted pads better or bonded pads
Posted By: therocks

Re: What are a good brand of Semi Metallic Disc Pads for E Body - 10/16/20 02:22 PM

Ceramics on my 65 I converted also.They dont fade and dont tear up rotors.Even at 120 it stops like its 35.Been on for years and great service.Rocky
Posted By: burdar

Re: What are a good brand of Semi Metallic Disc Pads for E Body - 10/16/20 02:39 PM

When I used to work on cars for a living, we used Car Quest for most of our parts. They had a red and a blue line of parts. The red line was the economy line and the blue was the higher quality line. We always used the "blue" pads and never had any issues. I put a set of ceramics on my Durango years back and it was really nice not having to constantly clean the black dust off the wheels.
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: What are a good brand of Semi Metallic Disc Pads for E Body - 10/16/20 02:52 PM

Ceramic by Bendix. I hate the dust on wheels produced by organic and semimetallic pads. No complaints althought I expected more.
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: What are a good brand of Semi Metallic Disc Pads for E Body - 10/16/20 05:00 PM

Although I don't know the part numbers from any specific brand off-hand, one of the better hi-performance street pads are any that are cataloged for Police Cars, or Emergency vehicles... they withstand heat better and last longer.

Also, sometimes the bargain private-label brands are still made by the major manufacturers, except for cosmetic appearance and/or reduced warranty offerings.

I used to be a rep for a major brake parts manufacturer and those are some of the things they told us... in fact, I witnessed the packaging and re-boxing of such items.
© 2024 Moparts Forums