Moparts

New product - low mount 90A alternator

Posted By: AndyF

New product - low mount 90A alternator - 10/07/20 04:20 AM

I mocked this up on my Coronet a while back but finally got all the parts in stock to start selling the kits. This bracket kit mounts a 90A alternator from a Toyota Land Cruiser to a BB Mopar. I have brackets that will fit either the RB or the B engine. The alternator fits a little better on an RB engine since there is more space but it will work on the B too. It is a low mount kit so the fuel pump has to go. I designed this for EFI engines since EFI requires a high quality modern alternator to work properly and an EFI engine doesn't have a mechanical fuel pump but it will work with a carb as long as the mechanical fuel pump has been removed. Here is a link to the website: http://arengineering.com/products/90-amp-low-mount-alternator/

Attached picture AR442a (Medium).JPG
Posted By: BloFish

Re: New product - low mount 90A alternator - 10/07/20 04:25 AM

I like it. Can you get the alternator with a Dayco belt compatible pulley?
Posted By: 80fbody

Re: New product - low mount 90A alternator - 10/07/20 03:17 PM

Very nice.
Posted By: rftroy

Re: New product - low mount 90A alternator - 10/07/20 06:48 PM

Andy,
I looked on the Denso company website, and the non-affiliated DENSOProducts.com website, and they both show 210-0177 as having a two groove pulley.
Over the past decades, I've never measured to see if the location of the inner groove of a two groove pulley is in the same place as a one groove pulley.
Is this the case so that the two groove will work with your setup, or do I need to replace the pulley?
Robert

Re: New product - low mount 90A alternator - 10/07/20 07:17 PM

The 210-0177 comes with a two groove pulley and the kit is designed to work with the inner groove. There might be one groove pulleys that you can use but of course a person would need to verify the fit.
Posted By: mopardude318

Re: New product - low mount 90A alternator - 12/17/21 04:11 PM

@AndyF

Do you make a bracket for the small block with this 90 amp alternator? Or can I modify the spacer on the current bracket kit for the 60 amp unit?

Re: New product - low mount 90A alternator - 12/17/21 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by mopardude318
@AndyF

Do you make a bracket for the small block with this 90 amp alternator? Or can I modify the spacer on the current bracket kit for the 60 amp unit?

No I didn't bother since there is an OEM setup for SB engines with a late model high output alternator.
© 2024 Moparts Forums