Moparts

Powertrax drop in Locker

Posted By: Mopar1970440

Powertrax drop in Locker - 09/26/20 03:45 PM

Im thinking of purchasing a powertrax drop in locker unit for my 1994 Dakota with the an open 8.25 with a stock 5.2 magnum. I see they list a "No-Slip Traction System" unit that is a more street friendly unit so I would go with that. Anyone have any feedback on powertrax drop in units? Thanks
Posted By: CSK

Re: Powertrax drop in Locker - 09/26/20 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar1970440
Im thinking of purchasing a powertrax drop in locker unit for my 1994 Dakota with the an open 8.25 with a stock 5.2 magnum. I see they list a "No-Slip Traction System" unit that is a more street friendly unit so I would go with that. Anyone have any feedback on powertrax drop in units? Thanks

The one I had in my 8 3/4 was LOUD & OBNOXIOUS, CLICK CLACK CLUNK, kept it for 5 miles & got rid of it
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: Powertrax drop in Locker - 09/26/20 07:02 PM

Hi Mopar , standard or automatic transmission ? 4 X 2 or 4 X 4 ? off road , or more street ? and I second the CLICK ,CLICK , BANG , CLICK . Had to remove one I installed in a 1996 cherokee with a 5 speed , standard tranny's make it WORSE , too much banging or sudden jumping left or right until it locked up . the customer HATED it . It worked great off-road , slow rock crawling , but forget it's street manners . pulled it out and I installed a trac-lok or an auburn , can't remember , and Mopar life was good again . drive ronnie
Posted By: Mopar1970440

Re: Powertrax drop in Locker - 09/28/20 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1969ronnie
Hi Mopar , standard or automatic transmission ? 4 X 2 or 4 X 4 ? off road , or more street ? and I second the CLICK ,CLICK , BANG , CLICK . Had to remove one I installed in a 1996 cherokee with a 5 speed , standard tranny's make it WORSE , too much banging or sudden jumping left or right until it locked up . the customer HATED it . It worked great off-road , slow rock crawling , but forget it's street manners . pulled it out and I installed a trac-lok or an auburn , can't remember , and Mopar life was good again . drive ronnie

Its a 94 Dakota 5.2 with 5 speed standard. 4x2.

do you recall was this Powertrax unit the "lock right locker" or "No-Slip Traction System" that was installed?

Thanks
© 2024 Moparts Forums