Moparts

Properly been asked a 1000 times

Posted By: 70Challengerse

Properly been asked a 1000 times - 09/17/20 03:05 AM

Have a 68 Coronet , I want a k-frame that has a org sway bar set -up , what fits and what do I need to make it work? thanks
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Properly been asked a 1000 times - 09/17/20 03:17 AM

I remember removing the sway bar on a 1968 or 1969,CRS, GTX. It was held on the A arms by two small diameter rods, one on each side and two clamps held onto the K member by two 5/16 or 3/8 bolts. What I'm saying is you need the tabs on the A arms, you could make your own and weld them on or have someone do that for you, drilling the two holes in the K member for the clamps is no big deal twocents
Isn't there several different vendors offering sway bar kits for those cars now? scope up
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Properly been asked a 1000 times - 09/17/20 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by 70Challengerse
Have a 68 Coronet , I want a k-frame that has a org sway bar set -up , what fits and what do I need to make it work? thanks

V8 K frame I assume? If so, any B body K frame from 1967 to 1972 would bolt in there. Most K frame are predrilled for the sway bar but not a lot of the lower control arms have the tabs on them. Original sway bar stuff is a little hard to come by so unless you are doing a perfect restoration you might want to go aftermarket. If you have some fab skills you can add a sway bar to your existing K frame. If you are going to change the K frame then I'd suggest finding a 1970 to 1972 since the anti-sway bar on them was tucked inside the K. The '67 to '69 sway bar hung down and really long arms. Good luck, it can be a chore to find all the parts for a conversion. Too bad the factory didn't make the anti-sway bar a standard feature back then.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Properly been asked a 1000 times - 09/17/20 04:18 AM

K-member should already have the holes. If not, just drill them. Sway bar tabs for the lower control arms can be bought or fabbed.
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Properly been asked a 1000 times - 09/17/20 04:45 PM

"Properly been asked a 1000 times".......

Oh least if not more: Jules the Wiperman until he passed away, and Stephan Fournier (SF Restorations) took over his business of wiper motor restoration.

He will restore your wiper motor to perfection! up
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Properly been asked a 1000 times - 09/17/20 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Grizzly
"Properly been asked a 1000 times".......

Oh least if not more: Jules the Wiperman until he passed away, and Stephan Fournier (SF Restorations) took over his business of wiper motor restoration.

He will restore your wiper motor to perfection! up

???? Who said anything about wiper motors ????
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Properly been asked a 1000 times - 09/17/20 06:12 PM

Oh, gosh. Sorry about that, just seen the title and did a quick reply.

To answer your question, you can expect anywhere from 15 to 16mpg empty from a Cummins Dodge. up

Re: Properly been asked a 1000 times - 09/17/20 10:00 PM

Thanks for the replies , found a 70 with sway bar setup... up
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Properly been asked a 1000 times - 09/17/20 11:36 PM

A 70 with sway bar would work really nice. Did you get the matching lower control arms? The nice thing about the '70 style is that the anti-sway bar is tucked out of the way so it doesn't interfere with disc brake calipers. The motor mounts should be the same so it should be a bolt in operation.

Re: Properly been asked a 1000 times - 09/18/20 03:49 PM

Yes a complete set up.... up
© 2024 Moparts Forums