Moparts

drum to disc on e body?

Posted By: sixpacksteve

drum to disc on e body? - 09/16/20 02:01 PM

ok, What will i need to convert from a-b body to e body, spindles, rotors, calipers etc..?
Posted By: a12rag

Re: drum to disc on e body? - 09/16/20 02:10 PM

check out Dr. Diff website . . . Cass has what you need . . .
Posted By: sixpacksteve

Re: drum to disc on e body? - 09/16/20 02:20 PM

hoping to to it off parts cars, what parts will work off which car?
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: drum to disc on e body? - 09/16/20 02:24 PM

I think this is what you're looking for:

https://www.allpar.com/history/mopar/brakes/disc-main.html

Mike.

Re: drum to disc on e body? - 09/16/20 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by sixpacksteve

There are many out there that would poo poo it, but go with F, M, J body spindles, rotors, calipers . . . they used to be pretty plentiful, and they do work. I would get the stainless steel braided brake lines (Dr. Diff) . . .if you "can" find" a mid 70's B body, then you could get the caliper adapter that would allow you to go with the 11.75" rotor. Although the smaller rotor still has better stopping than front drum brakes. Anyhow, good luck . . .
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: drum to disc on e body? - 09/16/20 05:11 PM

I used the "Disco-Tech" as mentioned by MoparMike, that was about 4-5 years ago. It keeps getting harder to find the old parts anymore as the junkyards are drying up on old inventory. It might be easier and cheaper to go with an existing kit.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: drum to disc on e body? - 09/16/20 05:36 PM

If you have a supply of pristine parts cars then go for it. Even in Oregon the supply of parts cars dried up years ago. I used to swing by the local wrecking yard once a month and grab disc brake conversion parts but I stopped doing that 15 years ago when the cars in the yard shifted from RWD to useless FWD garbage. I probably did 50 disc conversions back in the day when I could grab knuckles, rotors and caliper brackets for cheap. I even had a special disc brake conversion tool box that I carried with me that had the right tools to strip the parts I needed.

Re: drum to disc on e body? - 09/16/20 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF

If you have a supply of pristine parts cars then go for it. Even in Oregon the supply of parts cars dried up years ago. I used to swing by the local wrecking yard once a month and grab disc brake conversion parts but I stopped doing that 15 years ago when the cars in the yard shifted from RWD to useless FWD garbage. I probably did 50 disc conversions back in the day when I could grab knuckles, rotors and caliper brackets for cheap. I even had a special disc brake conversion tool box that I carried with me that had the right tools to strip the parts I needed.

Probably correct . . . would think getting complete kit would be easiest . . .

https://www.doctordiff.com/front-disc-brake-kit-for-11.75-on-disc-knuckles.html

$600 for complete with all new stuff . . . great deal I figure !

https://www.doctordiff.com/10.95-front-disc-brake-kit.html

$445 for complete with all new stuff (10.95 rotor) . . .

© 2024 Moparts Forums