Moparts

Moser housing shortening, any issue?

Posted By: RapidRobert

Moser housing shortening, any issue? - 09/11/20 01:56 AM

8&3/4. I was thinking someone posted way back about them being a bit off when they do it. I am wanting to send
one in. Any thoughts/info? thank you for your time
Posted By: GODSCOUNTRY340

Re: Moser housing shortening, any issue? - 09/11/20 02:25 AM

I've never had a housing shortened by them but I've sent them several sets of axles to shorted and re-spline. They all came back perfect and they slid in, smooth like butter.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Moser housing shortening, any issue? - 09/11/20 02:37 AM

Dutchman recently moved from Portland to over here so that is another option. Not sure how far away each place is from you so there's shipping to consider as well.

https://dutchmanaxles.com/index.php
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: Moser housing shortening, any issue? - 09/11/20 11:35 AM

I echo the use of Dutchman. Their prices and quality are good and they've been around a long time. They did an 8-3/4 for me many years ago and re-splined my axles and I came away wondering why anyone would modify their own housing. Our loss is Idaho's gain due to poor taxes and business environment in Portland.
Posted By: A990

Re: Moser housing shortening, any issue? - 09/11/20 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by earlymopar
I echo the use of Dutchman. Their prices and quality are good and they've been around a long time. They did an 8-3/4 for me many years ago and re-splined my axles and I came away wondering why anyone would modify their own housing. Our loss is Idaho's gain due to poor taxes and business environment in Portland.

Dr Diff sources Dutchman for a lot of his axle packages. I'm running a set in the 9 1/4" in my Dakota and couldn't be happier.
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Moser housing shortening, any issue? - 09/11/20 02:48 PM

Hi Robert, I bought a c-body housing narrowed to A-body specs from them, perches welded on, moser axle package/housing stud package done back in 98. been in the Dart and 2 trucks now. dead nuts on the specs and still scratchin.

they did try to convince me to send my housing in for cutting as it would save substantial $$ over buying a housing from them. but I needed fast turn around so they had it to Fl. in 3 days.

very happy with service and parts.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Moser housing shortening, any issue? - 09/11/20 02:56 PM

good info, I will check it out & decide. thanks guys up
© 2024 Moparts Forums