Moparts

how to ID driveshaft?

Posted By: Joesixpack

how to ID driveshaft? - 08/30/20 09:02 PM

is there a listing of driveshafts by what they fit by lengths?
have a 727 small ujoint driveshaft that is 61 inches center to center. trying to determine what it is out of.

Attached picture ms481 015.JPG
Attached picture ms481 019.JPG
Attached picture ms481 017.JPG
Attached picture ms481 016.JPG
Posted By: ricomondo

Re: how to ID driveshaft? - 08/30/20 09:39 PM

I believe there should be a part # lightly stamped on the shaft body and you can ID by that?
Posted By: poorboy

Re: how to ID driveshaft? - 08/31/20 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by ricomondo
I believe there should be a part # lightly stamped on the shaft body and you can ID by that?

yea, good luck with that. I have a small pile (probable 10-15 left) of Mopar driveshafts that have been out of vehicles for years, but have been stored inside. The problem is, they were under the cars they were in for years before I ever saw them. You wouldn't be able to see a stamped number on any of them. too much dirt and rust, and cleaning them off would remove the numbers. I've never see a listing based on the length, something like that would have been really helpful through the years. Gene
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: how to ID driveshaft? - 08/31/20 02:30 AM

Post length from center of U joint to center of U joint as well as outside dia. Galen's white books contain this info. Someone here will provide a reply with the application. Joe
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: how to ID driveshaft? - 08/31/20 01:18 PM

There is no 61" lenght in white book. Its so long and no performance cars had one that long. My guess a large C Body or Truck
Posted By: Joesixpack

Re: how to ID driveshaft? - 08/31/20 03:55 PM

ok thanks
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: how to ID driveshaft? - 08/31/20 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by blewbyu
There is no 61" lenght in white book. Its so long and no performance cars had one that long. My guess a large C Body or Truck

Yep, Spicer U-joints says C-body/truck.
© 2024 Moparts Forums