Moparts

1968 - 69 Dart white interior door color

Posted By: ragtop

1968 - 69 Dart white interior door color - 07/29/20 02:16 AM

On white interior cars, are the upper door frame and A pillar moldings white or are they the same color as the dash? Thanks.
Posted By: burdar

Re: 1968 - 69 Dart white interior door color - 07/29/20 12:33 PM

I've seen them both ways. My 68 GT convertible has white upper door frames and A-pillars.(black dash, carpet, steering column and console) Maybe convertibles were done differently? Maybe Rhino can shed some light on what dictated the upper door color? I thought maybe convertibles with white tops got white upper doors and black tops got black but I'm not sure. I don't know how the hardtop fits in to the mix. Then I've seen white/blue interior cars will blue upper door paint.
Posted By: topside

Re: 1968 - 69 Dart white interior door color - 07/29/20 02:02 PM

I can't speak for A-bodies, but B-body white interiors (except Charger) had different white treatments in '68 vs '69.
The '69 UDF colors for white interiors were most often white, where in '68 they were the contrasting color.
While '68-'69 A & B cars appear largely similar, the colors and treatments differed.
The Dart color & trim selector at Hamtramck-Historical unfortunately doesn't mention UDF color, only contrasting carpet, which matched dash.
Posted By: rarefish

Re: 1968 - 69 Dart white interior door color - 07/30/20 01:27 PM

Here is a pic of a friend's 69 Dart GTS drag car that still has it's original white interior.

Attached picture 100_3273.JPG

Re: 1968 - 69 Dart white interior door color - 07/30/20 01:37 PM

https://www.hamtramck-historical.co...ries/1968/68_Accessories_Catalog0016.jpg

The link shows an optional shoulder belt strap for convertible models. Notice the white interior and black upper door frames. I'm kind of leaning towards the upper door frame color matched the convertible top. I'm not sure how the hardtop models fit into it all.
Posted By: njmopar

Re: 1968 - 69 Dart white interior door color - 07/30/20 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by burdar
https://www.hamtramck-historical.co...ries/1968/68_Accessories_Catalog0016.jpg

The link shows an optional shoulder belt strap for convertible models. Notice the white interior and black upper door frames. I'm kind of leaning towards the upper door frame color matched the convertible top. I'm not sure how the hardtop models fit into it all.

Thats a cool photo. I always wondered where that shoulder belt would mount. Looks very comfortable..lol.
And the infant with the lap belt in the front seat. How things have changed.
Posted By: ragtop

Re: 1968 - 69 Dart white interior door color - 07/30/20 04:56 PM

I have been doing more research, and I know think that 1968 had upper door frame and A pillar molding match the dash color. While 1969 had the upper door frames and A pillar molding in white.
Posted By: JTECDN

Re: 1968 - 69 Dart white interior door color - 07/30/20 06:19 PM

The Upper Door Frame color should be on your body plate under the U in UBS. As far as rule of thumb I think the method may have also differed with the white (and black) interior versus the white and other color interiors

Re: 1968 - 69 Dart white interior door color - 07/30/20 06:33 PM

he Upper Door Frame color should be on your body plate under the U in UBS. As far as rule of thumb I think the method may have also differed with the white (and black) interior versus the white and other color interiors

iagree because I've seen white and blue interiors with blue UDF.

I have been doing more research, and I know think that 1968 had upper door frame and A pillar molding match the dash color. While 1969 had the upper door frames and A pillar molding in white.

Like I said before, my 68 is white and black interior with white top and it has white UDF and A-pillars.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: 1968 - 69 Dart white interior door color - 07/30/20 07:45 PM

I used to own a '69 Dart 2 door hardtop, Q5 Turqouise with white bench seat interior, and white vinyl top. My car was an all original slant six car, when I first bought it, and the UDF and A-pillars, also headliner, were white on that car. The dash, steering column and carpet were black, if that matters. twocents
© 2024 Moparts Forums