Moparts

BB fuel pump push rod again ?

Posted By: TJP

BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/24/20 11:34 PM

Does anyone have any input on a source for a BB fuel pump push rod that will last ??? I have sent board member MCcannix ? a PM asking for price and delivery estimate time wise. With him being in Cananda, I am trying to establish a backup plan in case the timing with him doesn't work out.
I looking for any other recommendations good or bad ( so I know where not to go).
I just removed my second comp cams failed push rod from a customers motor and time is of the essence.
Any input is appreciated.

Thanks beer
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/25/20 05:18 AM

I have had good luck with the ones from Mancini Racing...
They also carry the steel rod from Hughes Engines.

Here is the link..
https://www.manciniracing.com/stfupupub426.html

Just my $0.02... wink

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/25/20 02:26 PM

Thank you, Due to the border issue with Canada (closed & delays shipping) that may be an alternative.
Anybody else, good or bad ??

beer

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/25/20 03:32 PM

I spoke with a sales guy at Mancini. He said that had a bad batch a couple of years back but no returns since and they are getting them from moroso. he also said they do not stock the ones from Hughes frown
One wouldn't think it would be that hard (no pun intended) to make a flippin' fuel pump push rod.

Sinitro, how many have you used from Mancini? How many miles on them ?? and when did you buy them or over what period of time ??

Sorry for all the questions but I really don't want to roll the dice as it is a customers car and I don't need the headache of a torched motor due to a 25.00 junk part.

Any other input PLEASE !!!

Posted By: T2R9

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/25/20 05:36 PM

I have some NOS ones. Shoot me a PM
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/25/20 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by T2R9

Are the NOS ones better than Hughes? I like to have an extra one.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/25/20 09:27 PM

Find an old used oem that still measures the right length and it will last forever.

I would be curious to know if the worn out ones were used with a high pressure pump or a standard pressure pump. Which end wears down? Cam end, pump end, both ends?

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/25/20 11:24 PM

Standard factory pump and cam end on all three comp cams Push rods, 2 different versions down
Posted By: T2R9

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/25/20 11:30 PM

This hardened one left me on the side of the road. After that I bought all the NOS ones I could find. I won't run an aftermarket one regardless of the name.

Attached picture IMG_0590 (Medium).JPG

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/25/20 11:35 PM

Can I get a trade in ?? I have one just like that laugh2 and you have $$ beer
Posted By: therocks

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/26/20 02:25 PM

Member Mccanix is his name I believe has nos ones.Great price and ships fast. Many member have bought them and no problems.Ive had one in my 440 for like 3 years or so.Great guy to deal with.Oh yeah look at some past posts you will find his name and as said lots here have used his rods.Rocky
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/26/20 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by therocks
Member Mccanix is his name I believe has nos ones.Great price and ships fast. Many member have bought them and no problems.Ive had one in my 440 for like 3 years or so.Great guy to deal with.Oh yeah look at some past posts you will find his name and as said lots here have used his rods.Rocky

Have one of his on both my cars....0 issues. Have a couple of extras as well....
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/26/20 03:01 PM

I prefer a good old stock rod to the newer stuff. you just don't know what your getting with the newer parts anymore..
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/26/20 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by T2R9

Sent pm.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/26/20 04:56 PM

am I ok? blush

Attached picture SAM_1164.JPG

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/26/20 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by RapidRobert
am I ok? blush
run a fine file across the side of the rod (not on the bearing surface that contacts the block). if the file can't mark or remove metal it's ok.

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/26/20 05:42 PM

Due shipping delays ( borders closed) I scored a couple from T2R9.

And Robert I don't know. The ones I previously had were bought in 93 or so and were standard Mopar replacements in a white package with a part #. Not the like the ones you have pictured. Hopefully someone else will chime in to say yay or nay beer

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/26/20 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by lewtot184
am I ok? blush
run a fine file across the side of the rod (not on the bearing surface that contacts the block). if the file can't mark or remove metal it's ok.

I'm not sure that's an adequate test as the failed ones from comp passed that test shruggy beer

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/26/20 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
am I ok? blush

I'm not sure that's an adequate test as the failed ones from comp passed that test shruggy beer
I suppose the only true test is to test the Rockwell and who has the equipment to do that? anyhow it's worked for me.
Posted By: 70runner

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/27/20 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by GomangoCuda
Find an old used oem that still measures the right length and it will last forever.

I would be curious to know if the worn out ones were used with a high pressure pump or a standard pressure pump. Which end wears down? Cam end, pump end, both ends?

Used OE works great or NOS/McCannix. On my daughters 69 RT the cam end of a repro wore 1/4" after about 4hrs of driving. I wouldn't trust any of the repros.
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: BB fuel pump push rod again ? - 07/27/20 11:22 PM

I prefer a good old stock rod to the newer stuff. you just don't know what your getting with the newer parts anymore..

Eburg sells NOS ones on Ebag.
© 2024 Moparts Forums