Moparts

4 Post Car Lift

Posted By: moparjack44

4 Post Car Lift - 07/06/20 10:31 PM

Been looking at 4 post 8000 lb car lifts garage. What brand do you have? Leaning to the Eagle, but have found others lot more expensive, and some less. Bend Pak seems to be highly recommende, but way over my pay scale. Any ideas or recommendations from your personal experience?

Thanks,
Jack
Posted By: Suregrip391

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/06/20 10:33 PM

I’ve been very happy with my direct lift. 9k unit.
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/07/20 12:04 AM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread.../4-post-lift-directlift.html#Post2790253
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/07/20 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by moparjack44
Been looking at 4 post 8000 lb car lifts garage. What brand do you have? Leaning to the Eagle, but have found others lot more expensive, and some less. Bend Pak seems to be highly recommende, but way over my pay scale. Any ideas or recommendations from your personal experience?

Thanks,
Jack

Eagle brand lifts 2 and 4 post are decent, although IMHO I'd consider them the minimum value I'd want to use/invest in, yes lifts are expensive, but consider your usage, safety and how much you value the item your lifting.... you get what you pay for

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/08/20 01:39 PM

Yeah, you are right. I'm 75 and spending way to much time on my back working on my ole DeSoto hot rod.
Jack

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/08/20 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Suregrip391

I watched the "put up" lift Video. Sure make it look simple, but I do like the lift from what I could tell. Did you install or get professional installer?
Jack
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/08/20 02:04 PM

I've been eyeballing this one, hopefully the link works...
https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-Apex-8
Posted By: 69dart

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/08/20 06:36 PM

I picked up a Titan 8000 from koi auto parts last year and they were by far the best deal.

Pick it up at the warehouse with a trailer.

Install is easy but they are heavy so you'll need friends.

I would get an extra wide next time.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/08/20 07:08 PM

I have the four post Challenger 9K extra tall lift and I have the challenger two post 10K - best money I spent buying them and having them professionally installed

Attached picture IMG_2257.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2258.jpg
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/09/20 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by moparjack44

I watched the "put up" lift Video. Sure make it look simple, but I do like the lift from what I could tell. Did you install or get professional installer?
Jack

Pay the extra bucks to have it installed, unless you have a few able/strong buddies or equipment to help/assist, the install videos always make it look easy, any quality lift/components are going to be very heavy. esp if you purchase an extra capacity/size unit, I've assembled a few the hard way, not anymore....

Mike

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/11/20 02:40 PM

I believe Atlas is a good lift. I see them in the background of some of the car programs om MT TV.

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/11/20 02:47 PM

That my friend is the plan. I think I have decided on the Eagle. A friend has Eagle 4 post, which he has let me use several times. Two have Eagle 2 post, one at home, the other in a body shop. All 3 are very satisfied. Considering the DX, extra wide, but is a basic 1 car home garage, and I'm afraid will be tight fit?
Jack
Posted By: yellow70charger

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/12/20 01:24 AM

I have two backyard buddy lifts with rolling platform they are now called steel valley lifts made in USA and I like them.

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/12/20 12:53 PM

I checked their website. Each location I clicked said Closed?

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/12/20 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by yellow70charger
I have two backyard buddy lifts with rolling platform they are now called steel valley lifts made in USA and I like them.

Will check the web site. Was leaning toward the Eagle, but now seriously looking at the Atlas?
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/12/20 01:19 PM

check out:

https://www.wildfirelifts.com/
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/12/20 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by RapidusMaximus

I have one of these and installed it myself. I even got the casters kit that you can roll it around to any location or move it in and out of shop.
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/12/20 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by blewbyu
Originally Posted by RapidusMaximus

I have one of these and installed it myself. I even got the casters kit that you can roll it around to any location or move it in and out of shop.

That's good info, thanks, I have a friend in the muffler shop supply business and he recommended it also up

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/19/20 12:49 PM

Well, I done done it. Tuxedo lift on the way. To be delivered and installed (by a pro, not me) August 01. Thanks to everyone for your input..
Posted By: rth

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/26/20 11:38 AM

I have a Atlas, love it. Had it delivered and installed. Works well. 110 volts.
Posted By: gygeneral

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/26/20 12:34 PM

I have the Bendpak HD9, had it for six years now, no issues. They are nice to have you won't regret it.

Attached picture P1000106 (Medium).JPG
Posted By: CKessel

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/26/20 05:27 PM

I also have a Bend Pak. Before I bought it, did some shopping and watched vids. Backyard Buddy showed theirs with a car on it, being moved around on the floor with the dollies installed. I asked the company where I bought my BP from if the BP could do the same. They said yes. Had it put together, put the Coronet on, went to move it and rolled over two out of four dollies. The ones they give you only work with lift only, no car. I ended up making my own out of some heavy wall rectangle, some solid and long bolts to replace the pins. The only thing I reused from the junky ones was the casters. Hard phenolic material, rolls much easier the urethane on concrete. Now, with at least one more person, I can move the car around without issues. 1 1/4" x 1/4" strap for dollies is sketchy. I told the rep from BP at a recent SEMA show about that and she was embarrassed to hear it.
Posted By: TJP

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/26/20 05:33 PM

Great lift smile
Make sure to keep the ALL the pulleys/ shafts lubed. BTW there are 4 or more zerks underneath that are easily overlooked. Don't ask me how I know this beer
Posted By: meathead66

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/27/20 11:55 PM

Just installed the Triumph 9000 by myself using 2 cherry pickers. Picked it up in Columbus for $3100 with my 18’ car trailer. Best price I found. Low ceiling but I roll around on my adjustable stool. Not too old to lay on my back ....just too old to get back up.

Attached picture 0E90F2E3-69BA-4B4E-B77C-2277A0CD6AAB.jpeg
Posted By: Old_Moparz

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 07/28/20 12:41 PM

Lifts aren't cheap but I didn't think Bend Pak was expensive compared to some.

I've had mine up for many years & very happy with them.

Did an install write up if you care to read it.....

Bend Pak Install
Posted By: EWJ

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 08/02/20 04:04 PM

I have an Eagle and a Bend Pak HD9 : BP all the way. 3k delivered when I bought it in 2014. Way heavier and more substantial than the Eagle.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: 4 Post Car Lift - 08/02/20 05:15 PM

I’m very happy with my Challenger. I got a screaming deal on it. With a few strong friends, they’re not hard to install.

Dennis
© 2024 Moparts Forums