Moparts

Electrical Issue

Posted By: Mopar Grandpa

Electrical Issue - 05/30/20 03:51 PM

Okay, I have a 2016 Chrysler 300C and it has developed an electrical issue in the instrument panel. When I start the car the instrument panel doesn’t light up like it is supposed to, but not all of the time. I can back it out of the garage, shift to D and the instrument panel lights up. I have the headlight switch in the Auto mode (we never change it) and if I change it to On the panel will light up. However, this problem is intermittent. Need some help on this one as I haven’t taken it to a dealership yet and would prefer to fix it myself since the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty has expired. Only 20,000 miles and always kept in the garage.
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: Electrical Issue - 05/30/20 05:20 PM

If you use it manually it works?
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: Electrical Issue - 05/30/20 05:21 PM

Is the headlight switch on the turn signal stick also?

Re: Electrical Issue - 05/30/20 05:34 PM

Yes, but it will eventually work in the Auto mode.

Re: Electrical Issue - 05/30/20 05:35 PM

No, the switch is on the lower left side of the dash.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Electrical Issue - 05/30/20 06:19 PM

It sounds to me like it is(the connection or circuit) either worn or corroded causing the intermittent issues your having twocents
Do you live in a high humidity area, winter and summer? If so look for corrosion, if not look for wear twocents
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Electrical Issue - 05/30/20 07:12 PM

Try running the dash light dimmer switch both ways a few times.

Re: Electrical Issue - 05/30/20 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
It sounds to me like it is(the connection or circuit) either worn or corroded causing the intermittent issues your having twocents
Do you live in a high humidity area, winter and summer? If so look for corrosion, if not look for wear twocents

Yes, I live in central Florida and the humidity is high most of the time. Thanks for your input. I’ll do some checking.

Re: Electrical Issue - 05/30/20 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by stumpy
Try running the dash light dimmer switch both ways a few times.

I’ll give that a try. Thanks.
© 2024 Moparts Forums