Moparts

Pics of your Roller Paint Job!

Posted By: midnite360

Pics of your Roller Paint Job! - 03/26/09 10:58 PM

Pics Please I am going to do this on the next mopar I get a Street/Stripper on a budget! Wanna know how they turn out!
Posted By: rabid scott

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/26/09 11:14 PM

I'll be spraying satin black Rustoleum on the no-budget bomb tonight, I'll post pictures later!

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/26/09 11:15 PM

Sweet! Can't wait
Posted By: 69allen

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/26/09 11:23 PM

Here's one that I did recently. It's 85% roller, 15% brush. My favorite color combo too, and a real hot rod.

Attached picture 5121264-Constructionofnewhome@116ConnRd.156.jpg

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/26/09 11:24 PM

Linky now worky... :-(
Posted By: 78D150CLUB

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/26/09 11:34 PM

I did my truck 3 yrs ago and what wasn;t replaced with better sheet metal last year still looks as good as it did then.

Attached picture 5121292-dodge1.jpg
Posted By: 78D150CLUB

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/26/09 11:36 PM

another

Attached picture 5121300-D43.jpg

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/26/09 11:39 PM

Sweet Looks good... I like that light/Sky blue that the rustoleum comes in I will probably use that!
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 01:20 AM

Man, don't use Rustoleum. I don't know why people are still using it when the shine from the boat paint (e.g. Brightside) is so much better.

Here is some video. Around 1:05 you can see the outside. It looks just like a normal to nice car, not "dive into the paint" great, but not bad at all..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3d-jleaRhM&fmt=18
Posted By: 69DartGT

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 01:22 AM

A few I'm sure.
Some even used Brightside Fire Red
Posted By: 71sat440

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 01:23 AM

Quote:

I'll be spraying satin black Rustoleum on the no-budget bomb tonight, I'll post pictures later!

Isn't it a law that all satin black cars in CA must be for drifting only?
I swear if I made my own black paint I would call it drift black.....the name alone would sell thousands of cans.....
Posted By: RobG

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 01:29 AM

A guy on jeepforums.com just painted his Jeep Wrangler with a roller and can of Rustoleum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560064). He rolled on 8 coats of paint and sanded between every 2nd coat of paint. It looks real good in the pictures.

Attached picture 5121592-Jeep.paint.jpg
Posted By: 69superbee383

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 01:49 AM

we have been working on my Macho PW and we could not get the right look on the matte black for the thing. We got a quart of rustoleum satin black cut it with some acetone and sprayed it on. Perfect...ok not perfect but close..

No pics yet. we did the hood today. I will grab some this weekend.
Posted By: Just Cameron

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 06:47 AM

Quote:

we have been working on my Macho PW and we could not get the right look on the matte black for the thing. We got a quart of rustoleum satin black cut it with some acetone and sprayed it on. Perfect...ok not perfect but close..

No pics yet. we did the hood today. I will grab some this weekend.

Worked okay with Rustoleum satin black, mineral spirits and rollers on the '55 Buick.

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 12:09 PM

Quote:

A guy on jeepforums.com just painted his Jeep Wrangler with a roller and can of Rustoleum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560064). He rolled on 8 coats of paint and sanded between every 2nd coat of paint. It looks real good in the pictures.

That's an example of the questionable shine I was talking about. But it does look like a nice clean job, and if he plans on scratching it up on a trail, Rustoleum makes sense since touchups will be very cheap and easy.
Posted By: patrick

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 12:40 PM

Quote:

Man, don't use Rustoleum. I don't know why people are still using it when the shine from the boat paint (e.g. Brightside) is so much better.

Here is some video. Around 1:05 you can see the outside. It looks just like a normal to nice car, not "dive into the paint" great, but not bad at all..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3d-jleaRhM&fmt=18

looks great. what brightside color is that, and how close does it match up with the factory EW1 white? (my duster is EW1 spinnaker white, and needs some bodywork done)

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 02:40 PM

It's Hatteras white. There are 2 versions of that color, but I think this is the more popular one. My Dart was originally "cream" colored, and the trunk is kinda close to the Hatteras white. Not if you look close, but it's close enough not to look completely different.
Posted By: spank04

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 02:43 PM

from 72-81 we had a demo derby club in MI,bout 15 of us,went to a lot of races,painted all the cars black and white and then lettered them,they looked good from the stands left most of them at the track after,it was fun
Posted By: GrnMagic77

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 03:05 PM

Quote:

... my truck

Nice truck...
Posted By: rabid scott

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 09:49 PM

I had one of those "Everything That Can Fail will Fail" evenings last night.

I taped off the car, then the paint mixture wasn't right, and when I finally got the mixture right the gun started acting funny and then my air compressor died.

Car is still taped off in my garage, maybe some pictures sometime this weekend. I might try rolling it, seeing as my air compressor crapped out.

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 09:50 PM

Oh no! That's a bummer.

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 10:12 PM

I changed it from a question to a statement can I have it moved back to the general forum please?

Re: Who Has Done the Roller Paint Job? - 03/27/09 10:28 PM

Quote:

I had one of those "Everything That Can Fail will Fail" evenings last night.

I taped off the car, then the paint mixture wasn't right, and when I finally got the mixture right the gun started acting funny and then my air compressor died.

Car is still taped off in my garage, maybe some pictures sometime this weekend. I might try rolling it, seeing as my air compressor crapped out.

That's a sign from above to roll it. I've tried both, and didn't like spraying.. too stressful and I ended up with more orange peel than when I rolled it, much more sanding required.
© 2024 Moparts Forums