Moparts

68 Body rear window trim fitmit

Posted By: Chally426

68 Body rear window trim fitmit - 04/28/20 02:37 PM

I replaced both Quarters and Dutchman panel, and now the window trim fits like crap!! is this normal? If so, what are you guys doing to correct it?
Posted By: topside

Re: 68 Body rear window trim fitmit - 04/28/20 02:50 PM

Interior or exterior ?
Original or aftermarket ?
Where does it not fit ?
Can you post a photo or two ?

It's fairly common for the bottom corners on Belvedere & Coronet bodies to be difficult.
When you were replacing those panels, did you mock up glass & moldings to check the fit ?
Posted By: WINGNUT

Re: 68 Body rear window trim fitmit - 04/28/20 03:50 PM

Original rear glass or aftermarket? Te aftermarket glass is too flat in the bottom corners. WINGNUT
Posted By: CSK

Re: 68 Body rear window trim fitmit - 04/28/20 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Chally426
I replaced both Quarters and Dutchman panel, and now the window trim fits like crap!! is this normal? If so, what are you guys doing to correct it?

I had to cut & modify the new 1/4 panel to get the trim to fit
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 68 Body rear window trim fitmit - 04/28/20 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by topside

When you were replacing those panels, did you mock up glass & moldings to check the fit ?

I encountered this issue with the AMD 68-70 RR qtrs and 68-70 AMD dutchman, both needed to be dollied to reshape the lines/angles in the glass corners when trial fitting glass and trim prior to final welding, if one doesn't possess the dolly skills, cut/weld is your only other choice
Posted By: TJP

Re: 68 Body rear window trim fitmit - 04/28/20 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Chally426

Unfortunately yes. As others have said, The windows and trim should be fit prior to final body work/ prep. If it's already past that point then the "fix" will depend on how bad the issue is and whether it's the glass, trim, or both. pity beer
Posted By: Chally426

Re: 68 Body rear window trim fitmit - 04/29/20 01:13 AM

Thanks guys...
The car is just about ready for paint, and is a vinyl top car.. Not the end of the world.. Just happy I checked prior to paint.. Now that would have sucked...
© 2024 Moparts Forums