Moparts

rocker arm shaft studs stock rocker shaft?

Posted By: TLT

rocker arm shaft studs stock rocker shaft? - 04/26/20 02:37 AM

Hello,

I am just looking to replace the stock rocker arm shaft hold-down bolts with studs on stock LA heads (stock shafts & rockers, mild street build with ported stock heads) just to save the threads in my factory heads, looking for grade 8, anybody know what size (length, etc) 5/16" studs will work under stock valve covers, or have a part # from anywhere to order? I have just spent 2 hours searching the internet with no luck, I just want to make sure I have proper thread engagement in the head & clearance for stock valve covers. I will be using grade 8 nuts and hardened washers of course.
Thanks!!
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: rocker arm shaft studs stock rocker shaft? - 04/26/20 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by TLT
Hello,

I am just looking to replace the stock rocker arm shaft hold-down bolts with studs on stock LA heads (stock shafts & rockers, mild street build with ported stock heads) just to save the threads in my factory heads, looking for grade 8, anybody know what size (length, etc) 5/16" studs will work under stock valve covers, or have a part # from anywhere to order? I have just spent 2 hours searching the internet with no luck, I just want to make sure I have proper thread engagement in the head & clearance for stock valve covers. I will be using grade 8 nuts and hardened washers of course.
Thanks!!

Mancini Racing shows them on their site shruggy
Gus beer
Posted By: p d'ro

Re: rocker arm shaft studs stock rocker shaft? - 04/26/20 03:16 AM

Thanks for the reply. Got those.
Posted By: TLT

Re: rocker arm shaft studs stock rocker shaft? - 04/26/20 03:24 AM

I only see big block studs on Mancini for stock rocker arms/shafts
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: rocker arm shaft studs stock rocker shaft? - 04/26/20 02:58 PM

Studs
Posted By: Diplomat360

Re: rocker arm shaft studs stock rocker shaft? - 04/26/20 06:15 PM

Here is the Mancini Racing small block stuff => rocker arm shaft studs, strangely enough though it appears to be a NEW part and no price is shown.

I have been looking for non-ARP cost level stuff myself, this is for the W2 heads and so far my best match has been the Dorman stud kit, which is: Steel, Grade 8, Zinc Plated, 3/8 in.-16, 3/8 in.-24 Threads, 2.750 in. Length, Set of 10, $17

The overall length may be a tad much @ 2.750", I haven't checked yet with the shaft installed and valve covers on, seems like they look "long", but I think there is enough room there. If sizing wise this work I still need to source the nuts...so a bit more cost there.

Anyways, keep in mind, this is a 3/8" setup, I think the stock heads are 5/16", no?
© 2024 Moparts Forums