Moparts

Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere

Posted By: mopars4ever

Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/07/20 08:32 PM

Any ideas where i can find a respirator mask for painting car parts. Mine old one is no more good and I can`t find a new one anywhere other then Ebay. Sellers are having bidding wars with them. NAPA and all the others have them on hold because of the virus.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/07/20 09:29 PM

Might be SOL for a while unless you can talk your paint distributor into selling you one.

Re: Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/07/20 09:31 PM

I asked the PPG guy and he said they were low on supply and they were keeping them for commercial/ businesses.
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/07/20 10:08 PM

Yeah its tough. My mask frame is in good shape but getting cartridge filters seems to be nonexistent. I have the adapters so I can run round pink puck filters, I use them to filter out the smoke of galvanized plated metal while welding.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/08/20 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
Any ideas where i can find a respirator mask for painting car parts. Mine old one is no more good and I can`t find a new one anywhere other then Ebay. Sellers are having bidding wars with them. NAPA and all the others have them on hold because of the virus.

Are you using one with the replaceable cartridges or just an N95?
Posted By: sixbbl 69

Re: Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/08/20 04:41 AM

i bought a box of 6 filters for my full face mask last week . another paint store i was in has 10 full face 3m respirator mask hanging on wall.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/08/20 09:48 PM

Been using a “doctor” facemask under my regular 3m paint mask, actually works better that way, no more little sneaky places for paint to get in. Been looking at a way to use my cpap mask with the air line and forced clean air into mask, ill figure it out no doubt. Lol
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/08/20 10:11 PM

Saw a guy in the grocery store wearing on a little while ago. This stuff is really getting stupid.
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/08/20 11:00 PM

My 3M dual filter has less effort drawing air than a N95 dust mask. If I am moving fast I will be gasping for air when using a N95. I have some used N95's here but if I did not and needed to go shopping, I'd wear my 3M mask.

I don't give a rats rump if anyone does not like it. It tends to keep them farther away from me.

Yesterday, wife and I were masked up in our Kroger store shopping during 'Senior's Hour' and a young women in her early 30's was walking real close to me and my wife. She should not have been in the store yet but there she was. So the third time she got too close she bumped me reaching for an item behind me, I started fake sneezing and coughing. She BACKED WAY THE **** OFF.

But I also had issues wearing a Military M-17 gas mask but I wore one when required.

Re: Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/08/20 11:39 PM

My old one was a disposable one where the filters do not come off. Part number 07193
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/09/20 12:28 AM

Some new ideas:

Attached picture Corona Protective 1.jpg
Attached picture Corona Protective 2.jpg
Attached picture Corona Protective 3.jpg
Attached picture Corona Protective 5.jpg
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/09/20 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
My old one was a disposable one where the filters do not come off. Part number 07193

I know the local NAPA store owner pretty well and just got off the phone with him. He did not have any of the 07193 masks in stock as he normally doesn't stock them. But he searched surrounding stores and some have one or two in stock. He did say something interesting though, apparently nitrile gloves were unobtanium a week ago and now they are back in stock. His thoughts were that in another week to two weeks, the respirator shortage will be in a similar state. But who knows. These are strange times we are living in.
Posted By: 2JcodeChargers

Re: Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/09/20 08:48 PM

My local ACE hardware sells them. Take a look on-line and see if your store has them in stock. I just bought a new one about 3 weeks ago at my store.

Re: Can`t find a paint respirator mask anywhere - 04/09/20 08:51 PM

I called Ace today. Out of stock. BTW, I actually have some new filters for the 3m 6300 mask but I don`t have a mask.
© 2024 Moparts Forums