Moparts

1966 Sport Fury disc brake up grade

Posted By: 68GTS383

1966 Sport Fury disc brake up grade - 03/25/20 01:44 AM

Just bought a really nice Sport Fury with Front drums.It is a Turquoise with Black Buckets and Console with Factory A/C powered by a 318 Poly
What do I need to up grade the front brakes. Thanks Guys
Posted By: AndyF

Re: 1966 Sport Fury disc brake up grade - 03/25/20 04:26 AM

That is a C body correct? I think the 1973 C body disc brake knuckles are the best way to go. I have a couple pair of those out in the shop left over from a project I worked on. I tried to sell them at a couple of swap meets but nobody was interested so I still have them.

Attached picture DSC_2913 (Large).JPG
Posted By: michiganhotrod1

Re: 1966 Sport Fury disc brake up grade - 04/01/20 02:52 AM

The 73 C Body front disc upgrade is the way to go. Only old parts needed are the knuckles, and if desired, the backing plates. Get everything else new. The C Body sites have more details but it is all bolt in.
https://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/65-fury-disc-brake-conversion-advice.28497/
one of many discussions.
Only other issue is the dual diaphragm brake booster is hard to find.
Mark
Posted By: Twostick

Re: 1966 Sport Fury disc brake up grade - 04/03/20 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by michiganhotrod1
The 73 C Body front disc upgrade is the way to go. Only old parts needed are the knuckles, and if desired, the backing plates. Get everything else new. The C Body sites have more details but it is all bolt in.
https://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/65-fury-disc-brake-conversion-advice.28497/
one of many discussions.
Only other issue is the dual diaphragm brake booster is hard to find.
Mark

With a console shift you can use the later style booster from the 73 if you can't find the dual diaphragm late 60's style.

The later booster is bigger in diameter and will interfere with a column shift linkage. Not an issue with the console shift linkage.

Kevin
© 2024 Moparts Forums