Moparts

71 Barracuda radios, what are you using

Posted By: AeroMonte

71 Barracuda radios, what are you using - 03/07/20 02:31 PM

I'm putting the dash together for our 71 Barracuda and I'm ready to order a radio. Would like something modern, Bluetooth, Sirrus Xm, USB compatible but looks factory. I'm finding very little to choose from. I don't want to cut the dash and may build a custom console if I have to mount a modern sound system. What have you folks found that works? Pics if possible.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 71 Barracuda radios, what are you using - 03/07/20 03:38 PM

Had one built using an original E body core at Turnswitch.com
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: 71 Barracuda radios, what are you using - 03/08/20 01:57 AM

I have this radio in my car with a factory look. It has bluetooth, digital tuner, higher output, amp-preouts and aux input.

It's expensive but I feel it's worth it. The radio looks right, it's all new and does what it's supposed to. I have zero desire to cut the dash and/or have any dual/remote mounted radio contraptions. I don't like Sirius XM and I just use my phone instead of a USB stick.

http://www.vintageautoradio.com/ind...&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=67

Re: 71 Barracuda radios, what are you using - 03/08/20 12:53 PM

Thanks, Goody. I'll look into that one.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: 71 Barracuda radios, what are you using - 03/08/20 02:31 PM

Took my original radio for my '71 and sent it to Turnswitch on the advice of Ward's Classic Radio. They gutted the inside and put all modern electronics of today's radio in it and with jacks to plug my phone in it. I went this route because I have a cassette player that came with my car and wanted it to be able to plug into it as well. I also bought new speakers for the rear and the front has a dual speaker set-up and they both fit in the original hole with no modification to the car. Sorry, I don't have pictures right at the moment.

Re: 71 Barracuda radios, what are you using - 03/08/20 10:28 PM

I have new rear speakers and a sub mounted already. I ordered a dual speaker for the dash from Classic. I had ordered a radio from them last June but it never arrived and the part number is no longer good. Retro Radio has nothing. I thought about going with a radio delete plate and mounting something in a custom console. Our car is a resto mod and not a restoration.
© 2024 Moparts Forums