Moparts

Assembly line parts????

Posted By: 71Shaker

Assembly line parts???? - 02/29/20 03:47 PM

Hello everyone,
This gentlemen was getting rid of all of his parts, he was into the mid 60's cars. He had stated that he would go to the Detroit area and clean out old warehouses with car parts with other guys that are in the parts business. This box of front end parts was some of the items he got out of these warehouses. These are all unused parts but no packaging.....is it possible that these could have been assembly line parts?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Attached picture IMG_4335.JPG
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Assembly line parts???? - 02/29/20 04:01 PM

I doubt it. One reason is most sub assemblies are already assembled with these parts as they pass down the line. Could of been parts that were tossed in a box when the box or any form of ID was lost. Who knows.
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: Assembly line parts???? - 02/29/20 04:02 PM

Ask him if M & R Salvage sound system familiar.

If yes then probably those parts came from local Detroit area assembly plants.
Posted By: floyd

Re: Assembly line parts???? - 02/29/20 04:36 PM

Sounds more than plausible to me. Even if some of those parts would have been included in sub-assemblies, you can’t rule out that they were sold off as salvage from The plants that made them for Chrysler, Ford, etc

I was lucky enough to go to one of those salvage places in Detroit back in the early 80s. I remember fishing through 50-gallon drums full of new e-body racing mirrors, 4-bbl carbs (including Hemi), 68-69 b-body tachs. I was a poor college kid and I spent every dollar of the $100 I had on me. Wish I had a time machine...

I imagine a lot of those rubber parts will have the Chrysler part number/pentastar.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Assembly line parts???? - 02/29/20 05:53 PM

Aged rubber parts can have issues associated with age.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Assembly line parts???? - 02/29/20 06:56 PM

Some things that box in picture could also be defective parts that were being collected to be returned to the manufacturer or to scrap and never got there.
Posted By: 71Shaker

Re: Assembly line parts???? - 02/29/20 09:35 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I did some additional digging....
One of the round bumpers has a P/N of 1825314
One of the bushings has HARRIS, FG, 61195, and 63.
Another bushing has P/N 1825539, FRONT, 1-F-47
An A frame shock bushing has P/N 2206923
An lastly an upper A frame adjuster cam has 1 179 1 stamped on one side.

Most of these pieces have a coating on them that is fairly thick....I scrapped off alot on one of the large bumpers and could not find a part number. If it is a preservative it does a great job!

Thanks all for the feedback.
© 2024 Moparts Forums