Moparts

Demon with S/S springs. Shocks? Brake line?

Posted By: wkroncke17

Demon with S/S springs. Shocks? Brake line? - 02/28/20 02:56 AM

Running S/S springs on my ‘72 Demon.
I know Mopar Performance makes the long shock for the rear - does anyone make a long aluminum bodied shock (such as QA1) that is adjustable?
ALlso, do I need a longer flexible brake hose for the rear since the SS springs lift the body away from the axle?

Thanks all!

Wally.
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Demon with S/S springs. Shocks? Brake line? - 02/28/20 03:46 AM

You could dearch your SS springs. Then use a stiff shock to control the lift.

If the lift is uncontrolabled, the tire will unload.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Demon with S/S springs. Shocks? Brake line? - 02/28/20 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by wkroncke17
I know Mopar Performance makes the long shock for the rear - does anyone make a long aluminum bodied shock (such as QA1) that is adjustable?
ALlso, do I need a longer flexible brake hose for the rear since the SS springs lift the body away from the axle?

Thanks all!

Wally.

Yes, everyone out there makes longer shocks. I'd recommend you call them and talk to a tech to get the proper part numbers for this.

yes, you want a longer flex hose as the SS springs will create even more separation under accelleration than they already do sitting there.
Posted By: wkroncke17

Re: Demon with S/S springs. Shocks? Brake line? - 02/28/20 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by TC@HP2
Originally Posted by wkroncke17

Thanks all!

Wally.

Yes, everyone out there makes longer shocks. I'd recommend you call them and talk to a tech to get the proper part numbers for this.

yes, you want a longer flex hose as the SS springs will create even more separation under accelleration than they already do sitting there.

TC!
That's what I was assuming, thank you for verifying!
© 2024 Moparts Forums