Moparts

Seeking: Top notch engine builder in SoCal

Posted By: JF_Moparts

Seeking: Top notch engine builder in SoCal - 02/25/20 07:19 PM

All,

I have an unrestored 383 Road Runner with 110,000 miles, and I've decided it's time to rebuild the engine. The engine has none of the power it should and I believe that if I don't do a rebuild I'm putting the engine at risk due to internal parts failure.

So I'm looking for a great engine builder in SoCal, preferably in the Los Angeles area. I'd prefer a stock rebuild, but I'm not opposed to a mild performance build. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Seeking: Top notch engine builder in SoCal - 02/26/20 02:50 PM

While I have not used them, I have been very impressed with QMP:

QMP Racing Engines
At Quarter Mile Performance, all services we offer are done under one roof at our shop in Chatsworth, Southern California. Everything is done inhouse, no service is ever outsourced. We can do anything from basic surfacing to machining a custom piston from a blank forging.

We do everything from building your engine to our complete, turn key QMP Racing Engines. Whether you're racing in Heads Up Fastest Street Car (Nitrous/Turbo/Blower/NA), NHRA/IHRA Comp & Super Stock, Marine, Drag Boat, Street & Strip, we have the proven combinations to get you to the winners circle. All complete QMP Racing Engines are dyno'd with true HP numbers. Tell us how fast you want to go, and we will make it happen. Check out the finished vehicles page. Complete engines are now for sale.
Posted By: 67R/T4speeder

Re: Seeking: Top notch engine builder in SoCal - 02/26/20 03:13 PM

Talk to Brad at QMP racing . They do excellent work and have used them many times and very happy.

You tell him Andy at Troxells Garage recommended them
Posted By: nick24

Re: Seeking: Top notch engine builder in SoCal - 02/27/20 05:40 PM

I was a Automotive Technology instructor in SoCal for over 30 years. I met made many connections in the industry. I suggest you (at least) talk to Dave at Arrow Engines in Temecula. The appearance of his shop will make you think twice but he does great work, on time and at a fair price. He rebuilt my Hemi (among many other projects) and I was very pleased with his work. It qualifies as "SoCal" but it will be about an hour from LA.
Posted By: racerhog

Re: Seeking: Top notch engine builder in SoCal - 02/27/20 05:56 PM

Not sure if you are going to perform the R&R yourself or looking to have someone help you with that.....
Anyway, Check with Bill... He is local to you and a Mopar guy. He could give you a hint of who might be near you that could do the mopar deed.

I like Mike and the crew over at JMS>>>>>> https://jmsracingengines.com/

But you should not find it to hard to find someone to fix up that Mopar Motor with a little extra power for you.

Best of luck: Cheers
Posted By: Tom_440

Re: Seeking: Top notch engine builder in SoCal - 02/27/20 06:54 PM

Another builder to consider is Brian at IMM. He knows mopars well and I'm happy with the 440 he built for me.

http://www.immengines.com/
© 2024 Moparts Forums