Moparts

Chrome pens

Posted By: 70 buzz

Chrome pens - 01/30/20 04:35 PM

How close do the chrome pens look like chrome and what is the best imitation pen? Thanks
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Chrome pens - 01/30/20 07:54 PM

About your only option for a Chrome Pen is the molotow pens.

All the trim on this model ( not including the bumpers and grill ) was done with one maybe 3 or 4 years ago now.

Be advised DO NOT touch it once applied , it WILL smudge. And DO NOT clear over it as it will turn it dull silver

Attached picture BobFordTbolt.jpg
Posted By: skicker

Re: Chrome pens - 01/30/20 08:27 PM

iagree

Attached picture IMG_0498 moparts.JPG
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Chrome pens - 01/30/20 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by gtx6970
Be advised DO NOT touch it once applied , it WILL smudge. And DO NOT clear over it as it will turn it dull silver

Then what use is that product on a real car that will be driven & occasionally detailed as needed?

Posted By: burdar

Re: Chrome pens - 01/30/20 08:46 PM

Then what use is that product on a real car that will be driven & occasionally detailed as needed?

I used a silver Sharpie. I used it on the radio/heater face plate trim and the border around the Challenger dash script. Not factory but it turned out nice.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Chrome pens - 01/30/20 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA
Originally Posted by gtx6970

I answered the OPs question about the pens. Will they look like chrome once done? , sure will . And would be great for a trailer queen,,,,, IMO only
These pens were designed for the arts / crafts / modeling community. where once completed they go in a case to be displayed and never handled on a regular basis

Ive picked up the model I posted above in the recent past and left no marks in the chrome trim. Car was done a few years back so Im sure the trim was quite dry
HOW ever,,,,,, How well they would hold up to a regular dusting or detail in a 1/1 car. ?
IMO, not very well
Posted By: TB3CUDA

Re: Chrome pens - 01/31/20 01:04 AM

hobby lobby has argent silver sharpies that i used on the outer edge on 71-74 woodgrain dash bezels,works really good
© 2024 Moparts Forums