Moparts

Barracuda Dash Emblem

Posted By: cudatom

Barracuda Dash Emblem - 01/15/20 06:35 PM

What is a good adhesive to use to affix a replacement Barracuda emblem. I don't see the push pins holding w/o an adhesive.

Thanks
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Barracuda Emblem - 01/15/20 07:23 PM

There should be tube nuts that the push pins go into. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Barrel-Cli...etainer-Nuts-Ford-GM-Mopar/111929651912? You can get them at ACE hardware.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Barracuda Emblem - 01/15/20 07:45 PM

If you're set on using something else, there are "emblem adhesives" that you should be able to find at your local parts store.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Barracuda Emblem - 01/15/20 07:51 PM

Interior like the small one on the dash of a '70 or exterior?

Re: Barracuda Emblem - 01/15/20 09:03 PM

Sorry, yes it is for the dash. I thought I has said that but didn't. Sucks getting old.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Barracuda Emblem - 01/16/20 02:12 PM

My 73 Challenger script had little plastic retainers on the back side but that had to be done before the vinyl was stretched over the dash frame. No way to do that with a replacement dash pad. Go to your local parts store and look for an emblem adhesive.
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: Barracuda Emblem - 01/16/20 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by burdar
My 73 Challenger script had little plastic retainers on the back side but that had to be done before the vinyl was stretched over the dash frame. No way to do that with a replacement dash pad. Go to your local parts store and look for an emblem adhesive.

You are correct as always burdar, the emblem was installed in the vinyl before it was installed on the pad. I would also use black 3M emblem adhesive.

Re: Barracuda Emblem - 01/17/20 01:37 AM

Thank you
© 2024 Moparts Forums