Moparts

Brake bleeder

Posted By: cdstl

Brake bleeder - 01/04/20 02:42 PM

I bought a Motive Products brake bleeder. It's for modern cars with the twist on master cylinder cap. It's like a small weed sprayer where you put the brake fluid in it and then pump it up.

Has anyone had any luck with adapting a master cylinder cover so that we can bleed the brakes on our Mopars?

Thanks
Posted By: moparx

Re: Brake bleeder - 01/04/20 03:40 PM

i thought there were different covers available for those bleeders ? shruggy
beer
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Brake bleeder - 01/04/20 03:41 PM

https://www.motiveproducts.com/collections/adapters/products/1105-rectangular-early-american-adapter
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Brake bleeder - 01/04/20 03:53 PM

i haven't used a motive bleeder on a older car.
i own one, it works excellent. i have used it when upgrading at least 20 s197 mustangs to big front and rear calipers with braided lines. including my own.
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: Brake bleeder - 01/04/20 04:07 PM

I had an extra cap for my M/C that I drilled for and added a Schrader valve. Worked great.

- EM
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Brake bleeder - 01/04/20 04:52 PM

and added a Schrader valve. Worked great.
O'reillys has a good brass one for less than $3. (I don't have the brand/# handy) but just ask em for a "tank valve". drill/tap for 1/8 NPT. EDIT "xtra seal" # 15-593
Posted By: njmopar

Re: Brake bleeder - 01/04/20 05:51 PM

I have a Motive bleeder with that adapter plate. Works “ok”. You do have to tighten the heck out of it to build pressure. Best to wrap it in old towels in case if leaks. Luckily I am using silicone, else would have been a real mess.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Brake bleeder - 01/04/20 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by njmopar
I have a Motive bleeder with that adapter plate. Works “ok”. You do have to tighten the heck out of it to build pressure. Best to wrap it in old towels in case if leaks. Luckily I am using silicone, else would have been a real mess.
My experience as well.
Posted By: cdstl

Re: Brake bleeder - 01/05/20 01:47 AM

Thanks,

After I bought it I realized that I could have bought one with different caps as well as the plate. I've heard that guys have had limited success with the plate.

It's still in the box so I could return it and pay a little more for the complete "kit".
© 2024 Moparts Forums