Moparts

Brake Line Vendors

Posted By: A39Coronet

Brake Line Vendors - 12/23/19 01:54 AM

Who do you like using for brake line replacement? I ordered a set from Right Stuff and every single line needed adjusted and modified. The front lines that went under the frame from the distribution block to the flex lines weren't bent wide enough to clear the frame by over an inch (the "U" shaped valley is narrower than the frame is wide by over an inch). Is this par for the course or are they're more accurate companies out there?

It even appears they put the wrong firewall line in the box as it was tagged with a different part #.
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: Brake Line Vendors - 12/23/19 02:35 AM

Used In line tube... brake lines fit fine....but I think you will alway have to slightly bend etc......
Posted By: Cuda340

Re: Brake Line Vendors - 12/24/19 03:21 PM

I got my stuff from classic tube, they are local to me and can pick up.

Jeff
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Brake Line Vendors - 12/25/19 03:04 PM

In-line here up
Posted By: copchaser

Re: Brake Line Vendors - 12/25/19 11:37 PM

I use Inline Tube. I've tried all of the venders, they all have issues. I've found Inline to be about the best fitting.
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: Brake Line Vendors - 12/26/19 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by copchaser
I use Inline Tube. I've tried all of the venders, they all have issues. I've found Inline to be about the best fitting.
Same here, Inline tube. up
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Brake Line Vendors - 12/27/19 02:23 PM

Thanks all. I ended up sending this kit back and Jegs suggested I contact Right Stuff directly. The rep said that they've had this design since 1989, and wanted me to send over a side by side pic of my oe lines. Going to look into the companies suggested above instead.
Posted By: markz528

Re: Brake Line Vendors - 12/27/19 02:57 PM

Right Stuff is fairly local to me and I liked using them because I did not have to deal with having to straighten the lines. In the early days got great personal customer service.

But they are not as good in my opinion as they used to be since they got bought out by a large company a few years ago. They lost the personal service touch now that they are much bigger. Last time I bought lines from them they were fair.
© 2024 Moparts Forums