Moparts

727 reverse band replaced, now hear clicking in reverse

Posted By: dwittig33

727 reverse band replaced, now hear clicking in reverse - 12/16/19 08:50 PM

Hi, I just replaced the reverse band in my 727 transmission on the 1976 power wagon, (the band had broke). Got it all back together and have two issues. I don't have park (which I've learned that I probably installed my park rod incorrectly) but also it clicks loudly when in reverse. I probably know more when i drop the pan again, but wanted to see if you guys had any advice. There is no clicking in drive. Thanks.

Dusty
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 727 reverse band replaced, now hear clicking in reverse - 12/16/19 09:37 PM

Dusty welcome aboard. I dont have a specific ans for you but the tranny guys will.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 727 reverse band replaced, now hear clicking in reverse - 12/16/19 10:58 PM

Both issues are probably the same. The click could be the park pawl trying to engage and will most likely go away when you install the rod correctly.
Posted By: moparx

Re: 727 reverse band replaced, now hear clicking in reverse - 12/17/19 03:48 PM

welcome aboard dusty !

i believe stumpy is correct. if you re-install the park rod correctly, both problems will be fixed.
beer
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: 727 reverse band replaced, now hear clicking in reverse - 12/17/19 08:46 PM

How do you not install the park rod correctly and still get the shifter to move?
Posted By: Sniper

Re: 727 reverse band replaced, now hear clicking in reverse - 12/17/19 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
How do you not install the park rod correctly and still get the shifter to move?

hammer
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: 727 reverse band replaced, now hear clicking in reverse - 12/18/19 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones

Seen it many times. That's why it's a good idea to clock the snap ring so as to prevent this.

Attached picture Park rod (Small).jpg
Attached picture Park_ Cavity (Small).jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums