Moparts

New Product - Low mount 60A kits

Posted By: AndyF

New Product - Low mount 60A kits - 12/06/19 08:10 PM

I have low mount kits for the Denso 60A alternator. There is a different kit for B and RB engines so be sure to order the correct one. The Denso 60A alternator is getting a little hard to find these days. I've seen some for sale on Amazon and 440Source has some but Summit has been out of stock for a while. The low mount kit is designed for engines which do not have a mechanical fuel pump. So either an engine that has been converted to EFI, or has an electric pump with no mechanical pump. I prefer the low mount design since it provides more room up top. The TDC mark is still visible since the alternator is under the sight line.

http://arengineering.com/products/low-mount-60a-kit-bb/
Posted By: jcc

Re: New Product - Low mount 60A kits - 12/07/19 01:59 AM

Nice solution. up

OT, why the phenolic(?) spacer on the EFI throttle body?
Posted By: calrobb2000

Re: New Product - Low mount 60A kits - 12/07/19 02:46 AM

got one for a hemi ?

Re: New Product - Low mount 60A kits - 12/07/19 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by calrobb2000

got one for a hemi ?

Depends on how the Hemi is dressed. If you're using big block pulleys and damper then the RB version should work. I don't intend to make a Hemi version. I used to make Hemi alternator brackets but they don't sell well enough to continue to invest in them.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: New Product - Low mount 60A kits - 12/07/19 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
Nice solution. up

EFI is still subject to fuel heating.

Re: New Product - Low mount 60A kits - 12/07/19 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
Nice solution. up

I was probably mocking up parts when the pictures of the alternator bracket were taken.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: New Product - Low mount 60A kits - 12/07/19 04:37 PM

Do you do custom work?
Posted By: elmor353

Re: New Product - Low mount 60A kits - 12/08/19 02:39 AM

Andy, have you ever considered making engine mount kits similar to the Schumacher kits? Seems it's getting harder to get pieces from them lately, especially the big block headers and some of the big block mount kits.

Re: New Product - Low mount 60A kits - 12/08/19 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sniper
Do you do custom work?

I do custom work all day long, but only for myself.

Re: New Product - Low mount 60A kits - 12/08/19 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by elmor353
Andy, have you ever considered making engine mount kits similar to the Schumacher kits? Seems it's getting harder to get pieces from them lately, especially the big block headers and some of the big block mount kits.

No, I don't want to get into that. I've build engine mounts for myself but I don't want to compete with Michael.
© 2024 Moparts Forums