Moparts

New Product - Sniper throttle bracket

Posted By: AndyF

New Product - Sniper throttle bracket - 12/06/19 04:44 PM

Nobody else was making anything that fit so I went ahead and tooled up a longer throttle bracket that works with a Mopar throttle cable. The Holley Sniper is wider than a Holley carb so existing throttle brackets but the throttle cable in the wrong place.

http://arengineering.com/products/sniper-throttle-bracket/
Posted By: BradH

Re: New Product - Sniper throttle bracket - 12/06/19 06:05 PM

Nice problem-solver right there. up

Out of curiosity, what's available for drop-base air cleaners that fit that style of Sniper? The body looks fairly wide, which makes me wonder if it creates clearance issues w/ that style of air cleaner base.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: New Product - Sniper throttle bracket - 12/06/19 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by BradH

Out of curiosity, what's available for drop-base air cleaners that fit that style of Sniper? The body looks fairly wide, which makes me wonder if it creates clearance issues w/ that style of air cleaner base.

I would guess it is not as wide as the bowls are on a carb, so if the air cleaner cleared the bowls a sniper should be OK. Total guess though! lol

Andy, that product looks great like all your stuff.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: New Product - Sniper throttle bracket - 12/06/19 07:05 PM

That makes more sense than attaching it at the intake-head bolts.

Re: New Product - Sniper throttle bracket - 12/06/19 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by BradH

A drop base can be an issue with the Sniper, especially if you want to use one of the fuel inlets that are mounted high on the body. Holley sells a drop base with reliefs in the required location but it might not work for everyone.

Re: New Product - Sniper throttle bracket - 12/08/19 03:46 AM

If you buy the 4150 style Sniper then the regular throttle bracket that I make will work.

Attached picture DSC_4038 (Large).JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums