Moparts

Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ?

Posted By: hemienvy

Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/17/19 09:51 PM

I'd like to get a 1970 Plymouth FSM, they are for all Plymouth I presume.
Didn't see a vendor on the vendor page, unless I am blind.
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/17/19 09:57 PM

You can download it here:

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1970_Plymouth_Service_Manual.zip

Also get reprints and CD Roms on ebay and several resto shops. Also originals float on quite often there

Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/17/19 11:34 PM

Here's a used on on Feebay for $51.00. I believe it's all encompassing. There are reprints that cost more, and it looks as though they split some of those up as was the case with my Power Wagon (Body/Mechanicals).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-PLYMO...URY-FACTORY-SERVICE-MANUAL/383043097063?
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/18/19 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by NachoRT74
You can dównload it here:

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1970_Plymouth_Service_Manual.zip

Also get reprints and CD Roms on ebay and several resto shops. Also originals float on quite often there

These are an awesome resource that I've used many times. I will add the 71' manual has much better photos vs. 70'.
Posted By: hemienvy

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/18/19 04:02 AM

Hey thank you Larry !
I just bought it, I want to have a hard copy.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/18/19 01:26 PM

Rockauto has paper versions under $40 new.

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/19/19 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by hemienvy
Hey thank you Larry !
I just bought it, I want to have a hard copy.
You're welcome. I prefer paper copy too so I can be handling it at the vehicle and moving it around as I work. up
Posted By: topside

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/19/19 07:07 PM

Agreed, old school is best for that. Page is open as long as I need it, can use multiple sections at the same time, easiest to use any way you slice it.
I have the FSM for everything I own, and have kept the ones for vehicles I sold 40 years ago.
Those still come in handy as info for other folks, like a buddy with a '57 Chevy.
It's the best $50 you can spend on a car, IMO.

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/19/19 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper
Rockauto has paper versions under $40 new.
Are you talking FSM or Chilton/Haynes manuals? Because those are worthless.

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/20/19 12:00 AM

since we are talking about factory service manuals I'll let you decide.

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/20/19 01:29 AM

I was just making sure because I had never seen them on there. But I guess you couldn't just confirm FSM's.

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/20/19 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360

I was just making sure because I had never seen them on there. But I guess you couldn't just confirm FSM's.

You've never seen what on RA? The FSM's? If you're saying that I gotta guess you haven't looked. If you are saying Haynes or Chilton then yeah I don;t recall seeing those either.

Do they have them all? I don't know.

Do they have the one you need? Go look.

I don't generally bring in irrelevant information, at least not without making a point of point out it's not relevant. The following is mostly not relevant to the OP's question.

The OP asked about a 70 Plymouth FSM, not only does RA have it in paper, they also have the owner's manual and parts manual.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/plymouth,1970,barracuda,5.2l+318cid+v8,1228700,literature

They even have the FSM and owner's manual for my 51, no part manual though.

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/20/19 04:43 PM

Whatever
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/20/19 06:27 PM

You can download it here:

Thank you, I downloaded one for my 68 Barracuda. It doesn't have much factory left but I somehow lost my manual years ago and needed it recently.

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/20/19 07:38 PM

Here's a used on on Feebay for $51.00. I believe it's all encompassing. There are reprints that cost more, and it looks as though they split some of those up as was the case with my Power Wagon (Body/Mechanicals).

The splitted ones into Body and Chasis Manuals are originally on that way

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/20/19 11:47 PM

I didn't know that, thanks. up
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/21/19 01:19 AM

I've got a reprint for one car and wasn't overly happy with it. I always watch for a good deal to come up for an original and then jump on it.

When it comes to the PDF versions maybe I'm old school but Id rather flip thru the actual book then looking at pages on a screen. Altho the PDF ones are nice that you can print out the pages you need and not worry about getting them all greased up.

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/21/19 12:46 PM

I didn't know that, thanks. up

yeap, some years were in that way for some reason, mostly of them covering all the models line, instead model specific. 70 Dodge FSMs are splitted into models... one for B bodies, different one for C bodies and the other for A and E but all get Chassis and Body on same book... My 74 FSM ( Dodge ) is splitted into Body and Chassis too but covers all models. I got originals used, not reprinted or CD ROMs.

I also preffer the paper books over digital versions.
Posted By: Mattax

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/21/19 10:49 PM

Bishko (sp?) has a been a retailer for some time. Might do a interweb search for them.

My experience with reprints has only been with Faxon - who is a licensed publisher of Chrysler manuals.
In my experience their copies are photocopy quality, poorly assembled, and pages missing. So if you see their name, look for another source.

Re: Moparts vendor for Factory Service Manual ? - 11/22/19 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mattax
Bishko (sp?) has a been a retailer for some time. Might do a interweb search for them.

My experience with reprints has only been with Faxon - who is a licensed publisher of Chrysler manuals.
In my experience their copies are photocopy quality, poorly assembled, and pages missing. So if you see their name, look for another source.
Just as with parts, OEM always best.
© 2024 Moparts Forums