Moparts

1967 Coronet Hood Prop

Posted By: Mopar_Mike

1967 Coronet Hood Prop - 11/17/19 05:41 PM

So I went to a fiberglass hood and need something to keep the hood up. I am using the factory hinges. I tried some misc small springs but the car has a rough idle and the will stay up but will eventually fall. I could probably figure out using the strength of a couple springs together to make it work, but was thinking about a hood prop. Can I get some ideas and maybe some pics of what people have done. Thanks.
Posted By: old_racer

Re: 1967 Coronet Hood Prop - 11/17/19 06:32 PM

who's brand of hood do you have , I bought a VFN hood and got the springs from them, and hood works just like the steel one did with the original springs. check with the hood manufacture.

Re: 1967 Coronet Hood Prop - 11/17/19 09:53 PM

Good idea, I got it used. I think there is a manufactures tag under it I'll have to check. Still interested in hood prop options too if anyone has any. Thanks.
Posted By: bobby66

Re: 1967 Coronet Hood Prop - 11/17/19 10:09 PM

I always used a broom stick. boogie
Posted By: TJP

Re: 1967 Coronet Hood Prop - 11/17/19 10:22 PM

I keep one of these in the tool box, works very well smile

HOOD PROP LINK

beer

Re: 1967 Coronet Hood Prop - 11/17/19 10:27 PM

Yeah, I did the broom stick thing, just getting tired of doing it that way. Apparently the hood is from U.S Body Source out of FL.
Posted By: topside

Re: 1967 Coronet Hood Prop - 11/18/19 01:31 AM

Had a deal like that on a Duster, and used a prop rod from a Toyota pickup.
I made a cradle for the thing in its down position, and plugged the hing end into an existing hole in the rad-support/apron gusset.
Nice to not have a separate thing to deal with or misplace.
© 2024 Moparts Forums