Moparts

Which Master Cylinder to use?

Posted By: MoparJason0O0

Which Master Cylinder to use? - 10/28/19 03:19 PM

69 Dart Bracket race car.

I am currently using just a regular NAPA MC and need to switch it out. It is a 4 bolt, any suggestions on what to use or switch to?

Jason
Posted By: markz528

Re: Which Master Cylinder to use? - 10/29/19 02:38 AM

Discs? Drums? Disc/Drum?
Posted By: MoparJason0O0

Re: Which Master Cylinder to use? - 10/29/19 01:09 PM

All Disc
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Which Master Cylinder to use? - 10/29/19 02:04 PM

Look at Dr. Diff's page. He has some master cylinder packages that are a great value. I have his setup on my 68 Barracuda with wilwood discs all around and it works very well.

He has a kit that comes with an adapter from 4-2 bolt and a 2 bolt aluminum master. I did find it necessary to buy his adjustable push rod as well.
Posted By: wkroncke17

Re: Which Master Cylinder to use? - 10/30/19 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Look at Dr. Diff's page. He has some master cylinder packages that are a great value. I have his setup on my 68 Barracuda with wilwood discs all around and it works very well.

He has a kit that comes with an adapter from 4-2 bolt and a 2 bolt aluminum master. I did find it necessary to buy his adjustable push rod as well.

I’m about to need one for my Demon also, thanks to the OP.
Badfish, is this the m/c you’re speaking of?

https://www.doctordiff.com/aluminum-master-cylinder-kit.html
Posted By: markz528

Re: Which Master Cylinder to use? - 10/30/19 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish

Totally agree.
Posted By: skicker

Re: Which Master Cylinder to use? - 10/30/19 05:47 PM

After talking to Dr. Diff he recommended using a 15/16" bore m/c on the Duster with 4 wheel disc brakes...Mine are Wilwood...

I used the same m/c and 4-2 bolt plate on the 69 Dart with factory 76 A Body disc brakes and 10.5" drums on the rear...

Both cars stop excellent with good pedal feel... twocents
© 2024 Moparts Forums