Moparts

3.6 PCV ....holy crap!

Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

3.6 PCV ....holy crap! - 10/07/19 11:05 PM

I’m doing a oil cooler replacement on a 2012 Wrangler 3.6. Figured I would change the pcv while in there.

Has anyone done this???

It’s on the back side of the passenger valve cover, along with the trans fill tube, main wiring harness, and fuel tank evap line. Even if you removed these I’m not sure it’s possible.

I have the drive bit ratchet...low profile. No help. Can’t get it on either of the two bolts. #25 Torx. Access from below would be a possibility except for the cat. Figured oh well, pop the valve cover, install the pcv then reinstall, but no, the pcv rides around the back of the exhaust cam, so that’s not an option.

Am I missing something? On a transverse minivan this would be easy. This ain’t easy!
Posted By: 70Duster

Re: 3.6 PCV ....holy crap! - 10/07/19 11:10 PM

This might fit under the category, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Re: 3.6 PCV ....holy crap! - 10/07/19 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by 70Duster
This might fit under the category, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yeah, I’m starting to look at it that way. It’s actually a scheduled maintenance item...every 72k or 100k, not sure.

It’s starting took like a “don’t even think about it unless you are removing the passenger side cat”.

Re: 3.6 PCV ....holy crap! - 10/08/19 12:46 AM

You had your rocker arms replaced on a DOHC? Where did they put them?
Posted By: astjp2

Re: 3.6 PCV ....holy crap! - 10/08/19 01:48 AM

I fixed my wrangler problems by lifting the radiator cap and installing a new 2105 jeep with the 3.8, much better jeep IMHO
Posted By: pro451bee

Re: 3.6 PCV ....holy crap! - 10/08/19 04:30 AM

Factory time is .3 hr .Very poor engineering , that pcv has to be removed to get VC off also .
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: 3.6 PCV ....holy crap! - 10/08/19 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by astjp2
I fixed my wrangler problems by lifting the radiator cap and installing a new 2105 jeep with the 3.8, much better jeep IMHO

Dang, Pics or it didn't happen!!
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: 3.6 PCV ....holy crap! - 10/09/19 02:06 AM

Take the throttle body off:

https://www.jeepgarage.org/threads/pcv-valve-change-on-a-2012-pentastar-v6.97813/
Posted By: volaredon

Re: 3.6 PCV ....holy crap! - 10/09/19 02:39 AM

I've been looking for a vehicle lately, looked from late 90s to 2018, why do you think that I have settled on finding an 80s D/W truck from the south and having it shipped up here while I run my 96 Dakota for winter? I work on newer crap all day and don't want any of that headache for myself. Give me simple, carbureted, mechanical fuel pump, wing windows, dimmer switch on the floor. Screw electronics, excess plastic, and "global assembly".
© 2024 Moparts Forums