Moparts

318 poly header manufacturers

Posted By: Cuda340

318 poly header manufacturers - 09/25/19 02:23 PM

Who makes headers for a 318 Poly for an early b-body (64)? Is TTi the only game in town?

Thanks,

Jeff
Posted By: therocks

Re: 318 poly header manufacturers - 09/25/19 03:04 PM

There was a guy IIRc Harold that was making them years ago.Suposedly he made some nice sets.Only trouble was I heard it took forver.Maybe find a used set someone has.Rocky
Posted By: moparx

Re: 318 poly header manufacturers - 09/25/19 03:10 PM

back in the cobweb area of my old memory stick, i somehow remember something about using poly flanges on "slightly" modified ford [maybe ? shruggy] headers, but it has been mucho years, and i could be all wet. [not that i have been that way many times biggrin]
may have been in chrysler power magazine, i forget.
beer

Re: 318 poly header manufacturers - 09/25/19 07:59 PM

Thanks for the responses. I figured it was going to be an uphill climb.
Posted By: 65rbdodge

Re: 318 poly header manufacturers - 09/25/19 10:37 PM

I have a set of flanges that I bought a long time ago with the intent of welding a small block ford header to. I sold all my poly stuff but still have the flanges
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: 318 poly header manufacturers - 09/26/19 12:23 PM

What 65RB said is an option I looked at doing several years ago. The only issue for me is I wanted stainless headers and sure, I could have bought the stainless and made my own flanges. Instead I made Poly to Ford adapters and used 302-351 Ford full length headers as shown below. If you're OK with using "shorty" headers (which I wasn't and don't like) you can contact Bruce Toth @ Toth Performance who sells some simple flat steel adapters for mating Gen III Hemi shorty headers to. I'm not sure but by now someone might make a full-length header for the Gen III. I can't speak to the fitment on your year and model. Mine is on an early 65 Dodge pickup and the beauty of adapting is that you can position the headers where you want them before welding or machining as in my case.

- EM

Attached picture Poly w-Ford Headers.PNG
Posted By: moparx

Re: 318 poly header manufacturers - 09/26/19 03:17 PM

a big thanks to you guys mentioning the ford headers ! bow
i guess i wasn't all wet after all. laugh2
beer
Posted By: qwkmopardan

Re: 318 poly header manufacturers - 09/30/19 05:36 AM

Someone is making adapters to use 5.7 hemi headers on poly engine. Have a set in the shop now. I will ask my friend that I am building engine for where he got them.
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: 318 poly header manufacturers - 09/30/19 12:02 PM

MOPARDAN, See my post above...….

- EM

Re: 318 poly header manufacturers - 09/30/19 03:36 PM

Thanks Guys!
© 2024 Moparts Forums