Moparts

Ziebart rustproof plugs

Posted By: 71duster414

Ziebart rustproof plugs - 08/27/19 05:27 PM

Can anyone help me track down some ziebart plugs.

Thanks in advance!

Attached picture 20190826_145039-1512x2016.jpg
Posted By: BcudaChris

Re: Ziebart rustproof plugs - 08/27/19 06:03 PM

I'm pretty sure I have a handful of those I replaced with just black plugs. I'll get a look. If I don't post in the next day or two, send me a PM.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Ziebart rustproof plugs - 08/27/19 08:26 PM

Try Ziebart. They had the black plugs a few years ago IIRC.Yellow ones have been discontinued about 20 years ago
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Ziebart rustproof plugs - 08/27/19 08:31 PM

You want NOS or reproduction? grin
Posted By: 71duster414

Re: Ziebart rustproof plugs - 08/28/19 10:02 PM

Looking for the yellow ones
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Ziebart rustproof plugs - 08/28/19 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by 71duster414
Looking for the yellow ones

My 71 Bee when I bought it in 1984 , came with the yellow ones also

Still has the original Ziebart sticker in rear window

Anyways

In response to your email, I am very happy to hear about your vehicle. With regards to the yellow plugs, unfortunately, they stopped making the yellow plugs over 20 years ago and we have none. I do have black plugs available. I would require a copy of the original receipt in order to send branded plugs. I have 2 sizes available 3/8” and ½” plugs. I can forward a maximum of 25. If you have the receipt, please forward along with the plug size you need, once received, I will mail them out directly to you. Thank you for your continued in Ziebart.
Posted By: parksr5

Re: Ziebart rustproof plugs - 08/28/19 10:53 PM

I will not mention company names but, I will say that on more than one occasion, when I used to do auto body collision repair work, we'd have to cut panels off of rust proofed cars. Once the panel was removed, we'd find a black spot about the size of the plug on the inner structure and that was it; no other coating anywhere else in the inner structure. I just used to laugh.

This thread reminded me of those days.

Not putting any companies down; just like with any company, some employees are better than others and the mothership can't control everything.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Ziebart rustproof plugs - 08/29/19 03:08 PM

back in my bodyshop days [68-72], i was in charge of our rust proofing program. it was a competitive product made by texaco.
our policy was to remove all door panels and 1/4 upholstery to be sure the spray got to where it was supposed to go. the only time we drilled holes was when no access was possible.
when some of my buddies had their cars done, i made sure they got "extra" protection.

boy, did i ever get my azz chewed in the later years when they restored their rides ! laugh2
seems as that stuff was super hard to remove, especially under the hood !
back to your locally scheduled program.
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums