Moparts

W-200 kick-down linkage

Posted By: General 68

W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/25/19 10:22 AM

Hello
Just got a '77 W-200 truck for cheap. It is missing the upper part of the kick-down linkage. The bellcrank on the intake is there. The Edelbrock carb needs a part on the throttle lever to attach the missing linkage to.
Can you see exactly what is missing? A photo of the evaquation would help a lot๐Ÿ˜€
Attached is a picture showing the situation as it is now.
Thanks

Attached picture IMG_20190825_113657_4.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/25/19 11:34 AM

Here's a generic picture of the 3 piece kick down showing the bit your missing. They do repop the entire setup for some crazy amount of money but dunno about buying individual pieces. If yer asking about the missing bit for the carb, can't help ya with that because thermoquad. Once upon a time edlebrock did offer a throttle stud adapter piece for mopars but as I recall it was crap.

Attached picture 383-400-tall-throttle-bracket-with-kickdown-stud-90.jpg

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/25/19 02:26 PM

Thanks. That looks more like the setup on the passenger car 318/904 I have in the garage. The up-rod on my truck (see pic) looks quite different.
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/25/19 02:54 PM

If my truck was here I could take a picture for you, but it's not. The edelbrock adapter set doesn't work very well at all, when it's all adjusted right, you end up with a very stiff gas pedal compared to stock.
With my new engine setup I am going to be using the Lokar cable.
Posted By: moparx

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/25/19 03:54 PM

please use the buchillion setup instead. you will be happier with it.
my opinion on the lokar is not good.
i have changed over a dozen lokar setups back to the factory or the buchillion. lokar is just a "fitzall, hope it works" GM adaptation that uses cheap, bicycle type cable and somewhat flimsy brackets.
as the cable stretches, you will be constantly fiddling with your adjustment.
just my experience and opinion. your mileage may vary [but i'm not the only one with this opinion]
beer
Posted By: 440_Offroader

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/25/19 03:57 PM

I put on the BPE kickdown cable kit on my powerwagon and it works great. https://www.bouchillonperformance.com/meta-product-kickdown-cable-kit

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/25/19 03:57 PM

let me look in my stash of "stuff". i may have your missing part[s]
if i do, i'll send 'em to you, gratis. [i know you are not "local". grin]
beer

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/25/19 04:40 PM

Wow!๐Ÿ˜€ Can't get better than that๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€ You speak Norwegian?๐Ÿ˜€
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/25/19 05:22 PM

xLURKxDOGx over at FABO has what you are looking for. Looks like you have the single kick down rod, you just need the bracket assembly. Youโ€™ll also need the Holley linkage adapter which you can get from Summitt. The kick down stud is fairly easy to find.
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/25/19 05:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up on that, hopefully they have something I can adapt to the proflo xt efi intake setup.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/25/19 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Uberpube
Thanks for the heads up on that, hopefully they have something I can adapt to the proflo xt efi intake setup.

Might have to do some creative fabbing
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/25/19 07:54 PM

The Edelbrock lever extension is #1481 and the pic below shows the linkage installation. You'll need the stud, top link and spring.

Attached picture KD link08.jpg

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/25/19 08:12 PM

Thanks!
I understand that I need the throttle rod, the spring and the bracket with the small link that connects the rod? AND the throttle lever piece!?

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/26/19 03:32 PM

i didn't get a chance to look yesterday. sorry !
i'll do that this afternoon after i get back from the doc's office.
i'll post either way with what i find in my "stuff"
beer

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/26/19 03:40 PM

Don't rush - no problem beer
Posted By: krautrock

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/26/19 04:03 PM

i'd just put the lokar kickdown and throttle cable on it.
i'm happy with the ones on my W200

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/29/19 03:53 PM

general, sorry for the delay. i believe i have the bellcrank and the rod. as the engine is on the rack, and there is lots of "stuff" around in front of the rack, i think i can get it off maybe this weekend.
can you get an approximate length of the rod needed from the bellcrank area ?

and no, i can't speak Norwegian. i have a tough enough time with english. biggrin
beer

Re: W-200 kick-down linkage - 08/30/19 10:12 PM

Hi! ๐Ÿ˜€ Great! I can take some meassures tomorrow. Might be from rear intake bolt for referances as there is no bellcrank there to meassure from๐Ÿ˜‚
© 2024 Moparts Forums