Moparts

Seatbelt help

Posted By: galen

Seatbelt help - 08/22/19 07:41 PM

68 satellite. factory front bucket seats with headrests and rear seat. This is not a restoration. What is a good aftermarket seat belt system that would work with stock buckets. Is there a 4 point option I coul adapt. And rear belts so I can take my grandkids with me. Not crazy about just a lap belt. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Posted By: JF_Moparts

Re: Seatbelt help - 08/22/19 09:36 PM

I don't know about 1968, but I have XV Engineering/Racing's 3 point retractable belts in a 71 B body and 70 E body. Does the 68 have a factory shoulder belt?
Posted By: topside

Re: Seatbelt help - 08/22/19 10:22 PM

I think Mopar Action did an article on this topic not too long ago; might be in their online archives if you don't subscribe.
I think all of my '68s had a threaded & reinforced shoulder belt provision; feel around the headliner about mid-point just above the side garnish.
As for the rear, You'd probably have to fab up a mounting plate & reinforcement in the package tray area.
Posted By: ricomondo

Re: Seatbelt help - 08/22/19 11:11 PM

Peep this link, I've seen these before but have never used them.

SEATBELT LINK
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Seatbelt help - 08/22/19 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by galen
68 satellite. factory front bucket seats with headrests and rear seat. This is not a restoration. What is a good aftermarket seat belt system that would work with stock buckets. Is there a 4 point option I coul adapt. And rear belts so I can take my grandkids with me. Not crazy about just a lap belt. Any ideas would be appreciated.

You looking stock or aftermarket?
Posted By: galen

Re: Seatbelt help - 08/23/19 12:02 AM

I just went out and looked. It does have the tapped holes and reinforcements for shoulder belts. Function and quality is key. So aftermarket is not an issue. I'm a while off from being done still mocking stuff up, just a cruise night car. . I like the XV products belts. I will call them in the morning. Thanks for the suggestions.

Attached picture IMG_20181228_141442379.jpg
Posted By: topside

Re: Seatbelt help - 08/23/19 01:07 AM

Take a good look at how they mount: some are 90, some are straight.
Obviously the OEM Mopar setup mounts straight sideways into the tunnel & rockers up front.
Flat (vertical bolt) to the floor for back seat, and doing 3-point in the back you might need to mount one part to the inner quarter panel.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Seatbelt help - 08/23/19 02:42 PM

Make sure you ask about functionality. There are some vendors out there that have disclaimers with their belts stating their product is for display only.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Seatbelt help - 08/23/19 03:11 PM

for "display" only ? who is liable for injuries using those belts ?
i can understand "racing" only, but display ? what a joke. down
beer
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Seatbelt help - 08/26/19 07:09 PM

i thought xv was gone???
© 2024 Moparts Forums